gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 2 March 2014

A NATURAL HIGH

Posted on 00:30 by Unknown
A man was tested sometimes, and the true test of a man was whether he could get off the floor and still be a champion.
-Darcy O’Brien,
A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER

Saturday, March 5, 1988,  Diary Notes for the day…
PHOTO:  Kelly Mullin, at the San Ramon DELI
It was a Saturday and I had a plan.   I wanted to take a long excursion bike ride.   The day couldn’t have been better for a ride.   My planned journey would start from Alameda through San Leandro, Castro Valley and via Crow Canyon Road to San Ramon.   My final destination would be to surprise Kelly Mullin who was working at her job all day at a local DELI in San Ramon.   I couldn’t wait to arrive and see the look on her face.  

Well, Kelly was pleasantly surprised.

PHOTO:  Kelly Mullin, turning her head at the sight of me while making a sandwich
“You rode your bike all the way here!   I can’t believe it,” Kelly shrieked with smiles from ear to ear.

It’s too bad she couldn’t take off the rest of the day.   Oh well, it was fun to see her in action.   I loved the ride.  It was worth it.   The ride back was easy because I was on such ‘a natural high’ from seeing my Kelly.   I like to test myself with these weekend bike ride escapes.  I still love to ride like the wind.  I felt like a champ.

Once I arrived back at mom’s house I had fun.   I drank up a bunch of orange juice and H20.   I was thirsty.   The fun part was finding my nieces with my mom.   It was a babysitting Saturday with Ashley and Lauren.    I had fun stooping down to their level and connecting with my child within.   Of course, Ashley had her mood swings.  


And suddenly, Lauren had her own mood swings.   I suppose we all have our mood swings.   Mom insists that it signals that it is time for nap.   And so be it.  I could use the break because Ashley and Lauren have so much energy.   I used up most of my energy on the bike excursion to San Ramon.

When the girls awoke from their naps we had fun.   I took a few Polaroid photos and I got Lauren all glossy eyed by the sight of a few sparking marbles.   It's interesting to me how you can engross a child with interest with the mere mystic of a marble or some other object.   To get them to 'think' and 'wonder'...to discover.

 

It wasn’t long until Sherri (Ashley’s mom) came by to pick-up Ashley.  I snapped another pic of Mommy Sherri/Aunt Sherri with both Ashley and Lauren on her lap.

Mom received a phone call that Tony and Helen would be soon arriving for Lauren.   When they drove up to the house I snapped a curious picture of them in their car.   I liked the spontaneity of it.  

This is what Saturdays are made for…family, randomness, happiness and a visit to the sweetest girlfriend in my current chapter (Kelly).   I yearned to bite her neck.  Yum.

What sort of grim adventure was it on which I had embarked?
-Bram Stoker,
DRACULA

 

 

 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ▼  March (5)
      • "THAT GIRL"
      • Never Gonna Give You Up
      • Monkeying Around
      • We Understand Each Other
      • A NATURAL HIGH
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ►  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile