gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 25 June 2012

My Very Best-Friend

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“Not only our actions but also our omissions become our destiny.”

-Heinrich Zimmer, THE KING AND THE CORPSE

Twenty-five years ago today:

June 25, 1987
Thursday

I didn’t forfeit the gym tonight. I went. I had to go.

I am finding it difficult to space the time to write in my journal now that I take the express bus to The City. I may switch to a weekly entry versus a daily one.

It was funny today. After work mom and I were going ‘gut-buster’ exercises together. She kept moving her body backwards and we laughed and laughed. That was so much fun.

My gym workout was fair.

Jeff called me from Hawaii. I wasn’t home when he called but he left a nice message on my answering recorder.

I gave Eileen a call. We confirmed our lunch date for tomorrow.

Mom and I went to Walgreen’s and decided to give PATUSCO’s another chance. It was a mistake, of course. The service was still very bad. They didn’t even wait on us for the longest time. So we left once again. I had to go back into the restaurant because I had left the car keys on the table. Oops. Mom and I had a good time though. We ended up going to SIZZLER again. That was fun. Mom is probably my very best-friend I’ve ever had in the whole world.

Every child should have a mother of such even temperament, her rare displeasure evidenced so gently that the effect was lasting. Thomas lived to please his mother and he was earnest in his pleasing. It was as if they both knew, thought they could not have known, that life was short, the moment fleeting.
-Abraham Verghese
CUTTING FOR STONE

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ▼  June (30)
      • Upside Down
      • One In Every Port
      • Hamburgers and Witches
      • A Daydream
      • Roasted Marshmallows
      • My Very Best-Friend
      • It's All New To Me
      • His So-Called Relationship
      • A Movie Star
      • Suede and Leather
      • It's No Big Deal
      • A 'No Go'
      • A 'No Show'
      • It's Beyond Me
      • A Good Influence
      • Home-Cooked Goodies
      • Mexicali Rose Anniversary Margarita's
      • Ten Year Reunion
      • La Bomba
      • To Let Off Some Steam
      • Hot Summer Nights
      • Waiting Around In The Wings
      • The Hell With It
      • Being A Nuisance
      • When You Find The Time
      • The Untouchables
      • BIG HUNK
      • Awesome: Children of a Lesser God
      • In The Nick of Time
      • Getting HOT Again
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile