gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 15 June 2012

Home-Cooked Goodies

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“You can make more friends in a month by being interested in them than in ten years of trying to get them interested in you.”
-Charles L Allen
ROADS TO RADIANT LIVING

Twenty-five years ago today:

June 15, 1987
Monday

Stacey moved in.

I came home from work via the express bus. I walked in and noticed that Stacey had only painted one wall in her bedroom. She left in the middle of her move-in to go out with Tom. Tom is her bearded thirty-five year old beau. She didn’t even spend the night. I can only assume she slept with Tom. Such is life (OH well).

I went to the gym and saw Scott. He was wearing my gray gym shorts! Is that a sign?
“Could you give me your address?” Scott asked.
I gave it to him, wondering why he asked for it.
“I’m off to OHIO and I want to send you some home-cooked goodies.”
“Oh…that’ll be great.”
We’ll see if he keeps his word. He’s a nice fellow. He just might…

I called Jeff and announced my news: “You know…I will have a rent-a-car for my entire stay while in Hawaii.”

Carla was suspended from work for two weeks! The reason was bad attendance. She’s too much.

I’m still thinking about the fun at my class reunion the other night. It was really great. I tried calling Julie Roth on Monday but she had the day off. We both work in The City, so I’m hoping to arrange a lunch date.
PHOTO: June 13, 1987, Sue Miller
I called Sue Miller.
Sue said, “I found out who that jerk was at the reunion.”
I asked “Which one?”
“The Harley Davidson motorcycle one.”
“Oh yeah…who was he? He looked scary!”
“His name is Bruce Pardee.”
“Oh wow…I remember him from sixth grade…that was him! Listen, do you want to go to breakfast at OLE’s on Saturday morning?”
“Okay.”

Take the risk of saying, ‘I LIKE ME’.
Everything a person has can be shared.
Everything a person has is unique and special.
There’s no limit to ‘human potential’.
-Michael J Armijo
PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENTS

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ▼  June (30)
      • Upside Down
      • One In Every Port
      • Hamburgers and Witches
      • A Daydream
      • Roasted Marshmallows
      • My Very Best-Friend
      • It's All New To Me
      • His So-Called Relationship
      • A Movie Star
      • Suede and Leather
      • It's No Big Deal
      • A 'No Go'
      • A 'No Show'
      • It's Beyond Me
      • A Good Influence
      • Home-Cooked Goodies
      • Mexicali Rose Anniversary Margarita's
      • Ten Year Reunion
      • La Bomba
      • To Let Off Some Steam
      • Hot Summer Nights
      • Waiting Around In The Wings
      • The Hell With It
      • Being A Nuisance
      • When You Find The Time
      • The Untouchables
      • BIG HUNK
      • Awesome: Children of a Lesser God
      • In The Nick of Time
      • Getting HOT Again
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile