gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 22 June 2012

A Movie Star

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
Nothing is essentially wrong.

Never do anything you don’t have to do.
What you do with your mind is 4/7 of the story.
What you do with your body is 1/7 of the story.
What you do with your life (spirit) is 2/7 of the story.
Taking control of your inner life can cause little grief outside of you.
-Michael J Armijo
PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENTS

Twenty-five years ago today:

June 22, 1987
Monday

It was too hectic and much too busy at work today. There is so much to do!

I had lunch at CARL’S JR. with Freddie. Yuck! I hate fast-food joints!

Bob Russo of Ron Bygum’s Fabulous Faces and One Step Beyond called me. There’s a lot happening with his Yellow Pages Accounts. I’m trying to help with his delinquency. Bob calls and requests for me when he needs information.
Bob said, “You know, I’ll give you a free facial anytime.”
I thought, “I’ll have to make an appointment.”
He wanted to know what type of ad his competitor was placing. I wasn’t at liberty to give him any information. I might have given him a hint or two though. I feel ruthless.

I wore Jeff’s black suede and leather jacket to work today. It got some good head turns. People noticed. It’s a bad ass jacket.

I ate ‘din-din’ with ma and pa.
Mom said, “You look like a movie star in that jacket and shades.”
I laughed, “I guess the sunglasses do help.”
I went to the gym after dinner and bumped into Mark Gebhart. I also saw Jeanette Melcher.
Jeanette gave her usual flirtatious line: “Hello.”

I put gas in my car and bought some Diet-7UP. I drank a bit of it at ma and pa’s as I bought them some Dr. Pepper. I ate half a cantaloupe while there, too. I’m so hungry after the gym workouts.

I left and called Bob Russo of Fabulous Faces. That’s when I gave him a bit more insight about the Yellow Page Advertising scoop.

Johnny called me from L.A. We talked about camping out.
Johnny said, “Big Basin is booked.”
We talked about movies and Johnny said, “Maybe we can see NUNSENSE on Monday night.”
I agreed, “That sounds good!”

To transform our situation is also to transform our minds. To transform our minds is also to transform our situation, because the situation is mind, and mind is situation.
-THICH NHAT HANH
BEING PEACE



Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ▼  June (30)
      • Upside Down
      • One In Every Port
      • Hamburgers and Witches
      • A Daydream
      • Roasted Marshmallows
      • My Very Best-Friend
      • It's All New To Me
      • His So-Called Relationship
      • A Movie Star
      • Suede and Leather
      • It's No Big Deal
      • A 'No Go'
      • A 'No Show'
      • It's Beyond Me
      • A Good Influence
      • Home-Cooked Goodies
      • Mexicali Rose Anniversary Margarita's
      • Ten Year Reunion
      • La Bomba
      • To Let Off Some Steam
      • Hot Summer Nights
      • Waiting Around In The Wings
      • The Hell With It
      • Being A Nuisance
      • When You Find The Time
      • The Untouchables
      • BIG HUNK
      • Awesome: Children of a Lesser God
      • In The Nick of Time
      • Getting HOT Again
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile