gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Ten Year Reunion

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
The friendships of those we serve are the foundation of our progress.
-Michael J Armijo
PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENTS

Twenty-five years ago today:

June 13, 1987
Saturday

I hit mom and dad’s house for a great breakfast.

I went to my cousin Lori’s Wedding Reception with mom, Ashley and Sherri. I thought I took some great snapshots.

After the wedding reception festivities I took off for my ALAMEDA High School Ten Year Reunion which was conveniently held on Bay Farm Island. I had a blast. The key stars in terms of my “swooping” and most interested-in were:  Julie Roth, Cyndy Whitmore, Debbie Nelson (though she’s married and going through a divorce and has two kids).

I had a terrific time. I drank a little too much though. My pictures show some of the series of events on reunion night. Kathy Purvis took the photo I shot of her. That was annoying. Vicki Wiltens took her photo too. I didn’t like that. Oh well…

When we open ourselves
You yourself to me and
I myself to you,
When we submerge
You into me and I into you
When we vanish
Into me you and into you I
Then
Am I me
And you are You.
-Joseph von Eichendorff
MEMORIES OF A GOOD-FOR-NOTHING

At a certain point the memory of her stopped accompanying me wherever I went. She stayed behind, the way a city stays behind as a train pulls out of the station. It’s there, somewhere behind you and you could go back and make sure of it. But why should you?
-Bernhard Schlink
THE READER

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ▼  June (30)
      • Upside Down
      • One In Every Port
      • Hamburgers and Witches
      • A Daydream
      • Roasted Marshmallows
      • My Very Best-Friend
      • It's All New To Me
      • His So-Called Relationship
      • A Movie Star
      • Suede and Leather
      • It's No Big Deal
      • A 'No Go'
      • A 'No Show'
      • It's Beyond Me
      • A Good Influence
      • Home-Cooked Goodies
      • Mexicali Rose Anniversary Margarita's
      • Ten Year Reunion
      • La Bomba
      • To Let Off Some Steam
      • Hot Summer Nights
      • Waiting Around In The Wings
      • The Hell With It
      • Being A Nuisance
      • When You Find The Time
      • The Untouchables
      • BIG HUNK
      • Awesome: Children of a Lesser God
      • In The Nick of Time
      • Getting HOT Again
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile