gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 2 June 2012

In The Nick of Time

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements.

-Michael J Armijo
PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS

Twenty-five years ago today:

June 2, 1987
Tuesday

The express bus ride to San Francisco was great. The return ride didn’t get me home until 5:30PM…but that was okay.

Yesterday I had lunch with Freddie at the Plaza Deli. Today, Freddie and I went to Don Miguel’s.

There’s a Directory Sales job opening in Santa Ana but I can’t even submit for any new job until April 1988.

Once I arrived home I put oil in my car (after I went for a spin on my bike). I got the quart of oil at mom and dad’s garage. Dad always keeps a few extra in his garage. Once I added the oil and made sure my radiator was full I did a test drive to Doolittle Drive, near the San Leandro Estuary. It was at this point that my car reached the HOT status on the temperature gauge once again! And so, I quickly turned my car around and just make it home in the nick of time.

I was feeling depressed again about my car because I had intended on going to the gym. I remained home when my phone rang at 8:30PM. It was Sherri.
“Michael, could you watch Ashley while I go to Gina’s to help her move some furniture? Ashley’s already sleeping but I just want someone here while I’m gone.”
“Okay, no problem.”
I nibbled on some salami, crackers, cheese, cookies and milk while I watched TV while Ashley slept soundly. Sherri returned and that was when Ashley woke up. I decided to ‘hang out’ until the end of the TV show, MOONLIGHTING.
Sherri said, “You know, I think Stacy might come by this weekend to bring a few things.”
“That’s fine with me.”
I returned home and went to sleep. Yawn.

“Don’t do ANYTHING unless it is right for you!”
-Michael J Armijo
PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENTS

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ▼  June (30)
      • Upside Down
      • One In Every Port
      • Hamburgers and Witches
      • A Daydream
      • Roasted Marshmallows
      • My Very Best-Friend
      • It's All New To Me
      • His So-Called Relationship
      • A Movie Star
      • Suede and Leather
      • It's No Big Deal
      • A 'No Go'
      • A 'No Show'
      • It's Beyond Me
      • A Good Influence
      • Home-Cooked Goodies
      • Mexicali Rose Anniversary Margarita's
      • Ten Year Reunion
      • La Bomba
      • To Let Off Some Steam
      • Hot Summer Nights
      • Waiting Around In The Wings
      • The Hell With It
      • Being A Nuisance
      • When You Find The Time
      • The Untouchables
      • BIG HUNK
      • Awesome: Children of a Lesser God
      • In The Nick of Time
      • Getting HOT Again
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile