gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 1 June 2012

Getting HOT Again

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
Let the music help take you there…
-Michael J Armijo
PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENTS

Twenty-five years ago today:

June 1, 1987
Monday

It was a drab ‘back to work’ day. I keep dwelling on retirement and switching careers to teach English or become an actor or a practicing psychologist. Oh heck! I don’t know. I want to be in Yellow Page Sales at some point. I’ll stick to my current drive for now.

Work really was all right today. I was startled during my drive home when my car started to heat up! Why? I have no idea. There was steam coming from under the hood of the car. It didn’t feel too good to see that. I took the next possible exit which happened to be on Broadway in Alameda. I drove to GRAND AUTO in Alameda where I bought some Prestone anti-coolant. I added water to the overheated radiator. It got me home; whereby, I added the anti-coolant to the radiator because the temperature gauge was getting HOT again.

I was tensed-up because I knew Stacy was coming over. She’s Sherri’s friend and my potential new roommate.

Stacy, Sherri and Ashley dropped by for a visit. I ended up giving Stacy a tour as well as my house key. She’s definitely going to move-in with me. She’s pretty cute actually. I like her. How she feels about me I simply do not know. I am simply glad that she plans to move-in. She’ll be paying me $300 per month.

My car seemed rested now.

Once Ashley, Sherri and Stacy left I drove to the gym but by the time I reached East 14th Street and Hesperian Way my temperature gauge was HOT again. My car even died on me. I managed to get it started-up again and made it to my gym parking lot. I went ahead with my work out to relieve my anxiety. I noticed Scott Lauer leaving and didn’t get a chance to mix words with him.

I added more water to my car radiator before I started it up again; however, my temperature gauge went to HOT again while I was driving home. The car almost died at the end of Harbor Bay Parkway. It kept going until it died again at the corner of Holly Street and Oleander.

I decided to leave my car parked there. I walked home and returned to my car to add more water to cool down the radiator. I managed to get my car parked safely into the garage. Home sweet home.

Tomorrow will be a ‘get to work by express bus’ kind of day. I was depressed.

Johnny Schaefer called to say, “I just wanted to remind you that we met a year ago on June 1st.”
He’s a good friend even if Mike Thoennes says, “He’s strange.”
Mike Thoennes is strange at times too. In fact, most people have a little strangeness. It’s a good thing otherwise everyone would have a dull way about them. What if we were all the same?

I returned Jeff Sombat’s phone call in Honolulu.
Jeff shouted excitedly, “Hey Mike, the group “X” is performing at THE WAVE!”
“I could use some gentle sounding music right now.”
He also mentioned something about a friend who was visiting from Texas. Everyone seems to have their own thing going on.

“If it is to be, it is up to me.”
-Michael J Armijo
PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENTS











Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ▼  June (30)
      • Upside Down
      • One In Every Port
      • Hamburgers and Witches
      • A Daydream
      • Roasted Marshmallows
      • My Very Best-Friend
      • It's All New To Me
      • His So-Called Relationship
      • A Movie Star
      • Suede and Leather
      • It's No Big Deal
      • A 'No Go'
      • A 'No Show'
      • It's Beyond Me
      • A Good Influence
      • Home-Cooked Goodies
      • Mexicali Rose Anniversary Margarita's
      • Ten Year Reunion
      • La Bomba
      • To Let Off Some Steam
      • Hot Summer Nights
      • Waiting Around In The Wings
      • The Hell With It
      • Being A Nuisance
      • When You Find The Time
      • The Untouchables
      • BIG HUNK
      • Awesome: Children of a Lesser God
      • In The Nick of Time
      • Getting HOT Again
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile