gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 7 June 2012

Being A Nuisance

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“What is the basic truth of conspiracy?”
“If it can be imagined, then someone’s already tried it.”
-Olen Steinhauer
THE NEAREST EXIT

Twenty-five years ago today:

June 7, 1987
Sunday

I woke up and did my complete jog along the beach this time. Scott wasn’t around to slow me down. I did run into Birda who was riding along on her bike. She slowed her bike pace to ride along with me as I was jogging. She’s so cool. I really like her. I was wearing my Italian Campagnolo bike racing hat that she gifted me for my Birthday, too.
I asked, “When is your Birthday?”
“August 6th.”
“Oh Wow…that’s two days before my Dad’s.”
As we continued a long I could tell something was bothering her.
“What is it?” I asked.
She finally said, “Oh…My ex is being a nuisance.”
“Oh, well I guess that can be a pain. I’ve got a new roommate named Stacy that my sister in law connected me with…and she’s being a nuisance, too. She hasn’t even moved-in yet.”
Birda laughed.

I returned home after the good jog.  My legs felt tight.

I continued my productivity by clearing out my closets of clothes that I no longer wanted or needed. I did a pretty good job. Mom dropped over and she helped me clean.

I took a break with mom and we went over to her house to have breakfast with dad. I guess he missed us.

We returned to my place and did more work around the house until I finally fell asleep of exhaustion. I probably should have gone for a bike ride but I didn’t have the energy. I figured I’d make up for it sometime during the week.

I wonder if Chris Cordellos forgot about THE UNTOUCHABLES movie for Monday night. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

When I woke from my nap I returned to mom and dad’s house. No one was home. Then mom, dad and Ashley appeared after a visit to the grocery store and McDonald’s. I ate with them until John and Sherri returned from their dinner together. John and Sherri had gone out as a prelude Birthday dinner for John. John’s Birthday is on June 9th. I stayed there a bit longer but I didn’t feel up to watching Part I of an 18 week mini-series on Masterpiece Theater, so I left for my pad.

Once I arrived home I made phone calls to Bonni Jayne Ludovicy, Eileen Grabinsky, Mark Landreth and Sue Miller. None of them were at home. It was clearly time for me to sleep. Yawn.

He had nearly expected failure, but since any good Tourist’s travel plans are often thrown awry, failure didn’t concern him.
-Olen Steinhauer
THE NEAREST EXIT

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ▼  June (30)
      • Upside Down
      • One In Every Port
      • Hamburgers and Witches
      • A Daydream
      • Roasted Marshmallows
      • My Very Best-Friend
      • It's All New To Me
      • His So-Called Relationship
      • A Movie Star
      • Suede and Leather
      • It's No Big Deal
      • A 'No Go'
      • A 'No Show'
      • It's Beyond Me
      • A Good Influence
      • Home-Cooked Goodies
      • Mexicali Rose Anniversary Margarita's
      • Ten Year Reunion
      • La Bomba
      • To Let Off Some Steam
      • Hot Summer Nights
      • Waiting Around In The Wings
      • The Hell With It
      • Being A Nuisance
      • When You Find The Time
      • The Untouchables
      • BIG HUNK
      • Awesome: Children of a Lesser God
      • In The Nick of Time
      • Getting HOT Again
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile