gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 20 April 2012

Itching

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS.

-Keith Banner
THE LIFE I LEAD, a novel

Twenty-five years ago today:

April 20, 1987
Monday

I was still living happily from the festive Happy Easter Sunday of yesterday. It was so nice to be all together. My brothers seemed happy with their respective wives and daughters, too. To be with the kids is to make one feel the carefree innocence.

During this ‘Blue Monday’ I was pretending that I was “itching” so that it would be apparent that I had an issue of sorts for when I call-in sick tomorrow to say, “I have poison oak!”

I saw Nici Maurino during lunchtime. I hadn’t seen her in a while.
Nici announced proudly, “Would you believe I’ve been on disability for two months!”

Eileen came in to The City as planned.  I met her after my work shift and we went to eat at HAMBURGER MARY’s on Folsom Avenue. Afterwards we went to the 24-Hour Nautilus gym near Van Ness and worked out. We had a great time.

When I had free time—usually an hour or two a day—I did my writing.
-V.S.Naipaul
A WAY IN THE WORLD

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 150: I AM NOW SUSPICIOUS
    “I’ve had dreams as well…dreams I never fully understood until this moment.    But now they make a certain kind of sense.” -Paul Russell THE...
  • The Beginnings - Part 117: IN POOR TASTE
    “With enough conviction the truth is whatever you say it is.” -as heard while watching the 2011-2012 series THE KILLING, Season I The B...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • My Very Best-Friend
    “Not only our actions but also our omissions become our destiny.” -Heinrich Zimmer, THE KING AND THE CORPSE Twenty-five years ago today: Jun...
  • I Made It Through
    “You’d been living all your life with this secret side, and it never really occurred to you to share it with me.” -Olen Steinhauer THE NEAR...
  • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
    The sky was celebration blue.   Clouds floated by like spoonfuls of buttery mashed potato, and the verdant grasses below them were all spark...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ▼  April (30)
      • A Vegetarian Dinner
      • It's So Perpendicular
      • Have You Ever 'Had' Anything?
      • Randomness: I WANT TO LIVE
      • Colorful Energy
      • A Hot, Sunny Day
      • Could Be Serious
      • My White Pants
      • Meeting Up
      • Up In The Air
      • Itching
      • Easter Sunday
      • Selecting Tunes
      • Beds Are Burning
      • Reconciled Our Differences
      • Voices Are Deceiving
      • My Merry Way
      • Flauntable
      • Secret Life
      • Obsessive Love
      • A Wake-Up Call
      • Too Involved
      • Move It
      • It Sounds Morbid
      • A Sheepherder
      • The Big Questions
      • A Twin-Sized Bed
      • Twenty-Six: A New Sail
      • Every Time I Think Of You
      • The Introductory Phase
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile