gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Could Be Serious

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“How can you live your life for one person and have nothing else in your life?”

-Suzanne Finstad
NATASHA: The Biography of Natalie Wood

Twenty-five years ago today:

April 24, 1987
Friday

I called in sick for one more day to make it a full-week today. I didn’t bother to do any bicycling. I went to mom’s house for breakfast. In fact, I remained there all day. Ashley and I went to the park again (per her request).

A young high-school girl was at the park, babysitting a little boy. Ashley was annoying when she didn’t want to leave the park to go back to her Grandmother’s house. She became even more annoying when she wouldn’t get out of the car while we were parked in front of Grandma’s house. She didn’t want to go back into the house. She started bawling uncontrollably. Finally, she fell asleep only after my mom had to run after her down the block.

When Ashley woke up she cried again because my mom had left for work. Ha-ha. Ashley just couldn’t be pleased today. When Sherri (her mom) arrived I was able to persuade Ashley to go to the ICE-CREAM DOCK with me for a bite to eat. After that I took her home.

I drove over to San Mateo with the intention of seeing Tom Hlebakos; however, he postponed our dinner at the last minute.
Tom said, “I don’t really feel like going to VISIONS in San Jose and staying out late.”
I agreed to the postponement and considered it a finale

Since I was in San Mateo I decided to phone Eileen. Unfortunately there was no answer. And so, I drove all the way back to Alameda and called Mark Landreth from my house. It was a Friday night and I felt the urge to do something.

Mark and I planned to check out HOTS and maybe another place called SHAKERS. There’s always the BLACK ANGUS. Who knows? Maybe we’ll go to CASA CARLITAS?

In the end we went to SHAKERS but it seemed dead inside this place, so we left and hit BLACK ANGUS in San Lorenzo. While we were there we realized how we both hated this night club outing scene. And so, we left.

As we walked through the parking lot Mark bumped into Tina Titus. We talked to her for a good while. Her last name makes me think of “Tight Ass” versus Titus.
Mark laughed when I mentioned that and said, "That's what they said in high-school".
During our conversations I learned that Tina had thought that Mark was engaged to marry Ivy.

While in the car with Mark I said, “This thing with you and Ivy could be serious!”
Mark sighed, “Well, Ivy and I are planning on a camp out to Yosemite for Memorial Day Weekend.”
I was sure he happened to say this only because I had mentioned to him earlier, “Hey, you know…we should go camping.”
Mark suggested, “You know…you should ask Eileen to go and we could make it a foursome.”
I thought that sounded daring.
“I can check with her,” I said, realizing that Eileen had mentioned plans to go to Lake Berryessa over that weekend.

Oh well…I left Mark’s house after munching on some STONED WHEAT THIN CRACKERS. Frustration.

Ironically, during my drive home that old song by CHEAP TRICK was playing on the radio: “I Want You to Want Me”.

He was looking for something exotic and disconnected, but within quick reach.
-Thomas Mann
DEATH IN VENICE

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ▼  April (30)
      • A Vegetarian Dinner
      • It's So Perpendicular
      • Have You Ever 'Had' Anything?
      • Randomness: I WANT TO LIVE
      • Colorful Energy
      • A Hot, Sunny Day
      • Could Be Serious
      • My White Pants
      • Meeting Up
      • Up In The Air
      • Itching
      • Easter Sunday
      • Selecting Tunes
      • Beds Are Burning
      • Reconciled Our Differences
      • Voices Are Deceiving
      • My Merry Way
      • Flauntable
      • Secret Life
      • Obsessive Love
      • A Wake-Up Call
      • Too Involved
      • Move It
      • It Sounds Morbid
      • A Sheepherder
      • The Big Questions
      • A Twin-Sized Bed
      • Twenty-Six: A New Sail
      • Every Time I Think Of You
      • The Introductory Phase
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile