gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 23 April 2012

My White Pants

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“We’re all afraid of something, dear. Never fear the truth. It’s the only real passport you have to reach new levels of understanding. You may find it corny, but the truth can set you free.”
-The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer
MY LIFE AT ROSE RED

Twenty-five years ago today:

April 23, 1987
Thursday

It was another freebie, relaxed day for me. I suddenly feel weight coming on. I need to hit the gym. I still feel good though.

Rachelle called me and we changed our date to meet until next Monday night. It’s just as well.

Tom Hlebakos called me to confirm our dinner outing. I agreed but I certainly won’t be bringing my toothbrush along. There won’t be a sleepover.

I did leave my white pants at Judy Geniella’s house in Sacramento. What a drag! I called her to double-check.
Judy answered, “Yes, they’re here.”

I remained home all evening watching THE BOLD and THE BEAUTIFUL and DYNASTY. At 10PM I went to bed. I’ve had a good rest during these extra days off.

I haven’t made it to the gym but I will go tomorrow morning.

I wish I could live my life by just going to the gym in the morning and then going to the library to write my books, letters, screenplays or whatever words come to my mind. That would be fun.

Mom is so sweet. It’s nice to see her daily, too—before she heads off for her swing shift job at the post-office. I am able to see more of my niece, Ashley, now, too.

Helen, my sister-in-law, returns this Friday night. Perhaps I should have a BBQ here at my house on Sunday. It’s a thought.
The ‘vibes’ between Eileen Grabinsky and I don’t feel very smooth right now.
I especially didn’t like it when Kevin said, “Eileen and David went out together the other night.”
It may have just been a little boy being mischievous; however, Eileen didn’t contradict little Kevin’s story. I can only assume it may be true.

“It seems our worst fears are always more than justified.”
-Newton Arvin
THE SCARLET PROFESSOR by Barry Werth

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ▼  April (30)
      • A Vegetarian Dinner
      • It's So Perpendicular
      • Have You Ever 'Had' Anything?
      • Randomness: I WANT TO LIVE
      • Colorful Energy
      • A Hot, Sunny Day
      • Could Be Serious
      • My White Pants
      • Meeting Up
      • Up In The Air
      • Itching
      • Easter Sunday
      • Selecting Tunes
      • Beds Are Burning
      • Reconciled Our Differences
      • Voices Are Deceiving
      • My Merry Way
      • Flauntable
      • Secret Life
      • Obsessive Love
      • A Wake-Up Call
      • Too Involved
      • Move It
      • It Sounds Morbid
      • A Sheepherder
      • The Big Questions
      • A Twin-Sized Bed
      • Twenty-Six: A New Sail
      • Every Time I Think Of You
      • The Introductory Phase
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile