gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 5 April 2012

The Big Questions

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“Is there anything you have to tell me before I get into that bed?”
-New Zealand actor Marton Csokas
as Stephen Gold in the 2011 film THE DEBT

Twenty-five years ago today:

April 5, 1987
Sunday

I woke up and headed over to mom and dad’s house for breakfast. Mom was getting ready to attend the baby shower for my first cousin, Donna Armijo.

I was feeling very lazy today. I couldn’t help but notice the beauty of the day. I went over to John and Sherri’s house to see my niece, Ashley.
Ashley smiled and kissed me.

I turned on my Video Cassette Recorder and placed the VHS videotape of the film WITNESS into the slot. I started to watch the movie while at home when I could feel myself drifting to sleep.

My brother, Tony, dropped by to visit. He looked at some of my photos in my most recent albums. He was doing the finishing touches on John’s income tax return while at my place. Once he was done with all he needed to do he left.

I mentioned the GREAT AMERICA Amusement Park 'family outing' idea to mom. I also mentioned it to Sherri.
Sherri said, “I’d like to go there on May 10th for Ashley’s birthday weekend.”
I shared the idea of the GREAT AMERICA outing to Tony while he was here.
I said, “It would be fun to go when Helen returns on the 26th.”
Tony nodded, so it seemed like he was ‘sort of’ interested in going.

I watched a TV-movie called THE ABDUCTION OF KARI SWENSON, directed by Stephen Gyllenhaal.   After the kidnapping movie I went to mom’s house for avocado, tortillas, roasted pine nuts from New Mexico and banana cream pie. Yikes!   I sat around with ma and pa, watching a sit-com and a TV-movie called DADDY that was about teenage pregnancy.

A bit later Eileen telephoned me. Eileen confirmed that she would come to San Francisco this coming Wednesday night.
I was ecstatic and said, “Great! We can go to the ZUNI CAFÉ and COIT TOWER.”
“That sounds fun!”
“It will be. I have something ‘heavy’ to discuss with you, too.”
“Oh really, this could be fun,” she stated cheerfully and curiously.

The big questions will be ‘How do you feel about me?’ and ‘Where do you want--or feel--our relationship should head next?’ I mean, I really don’t want to beat around the bush with her. I want to know ‘When are the braces coming off?’ and ‘When will you marry me?’ Ha-ha. Is this what I really want to say/ask? Yes. Perhaps with the exception of that last question (When will you marry me?). I believe that can be held off for a while…maybe.

“It is from rings that chains are made.”
-as heard during the NY
Broadway Play MARY STUART

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ▼  April (30)
      • A Vegetarian Dinner
      • It's So Perpendicular
      • Have You Ever 'Had' Anything?
      • Randomness: I WANT TO LIVE
      • Colorful Energy
      • A Hot, Sunny Day
      • Could Be Serious
      • My White Pants
      • Meeting Up
      • Up In The Air
      • Itching
      • Easter Sunday
      • Selecting Tunes
      • Beds Are Burning
      • Reconciled Our Differences
      • Voices Are Deceiving
      • My Merry Way
      • Flauntable
      • Secret Life
      • Obsessive Love
      • A Wake-Up Call
      • Too Involved
      • Move It
      • It Sounds Morbid
      • A Sheepherder
      • The Big Questions
      • A Twin-Sized Bed
      • Twenty-Six: A New Sail
      • Every Time I Think Of You
      • The Introductory Phase
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile