gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

A Hot, Sunny Day

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“He was always looking for different ways to do things.”

-Sister of John Forbes Nash Jr.
A BEAUTIFUL MIND by Sylvia Nasar

Twenty-five years ago today:

April 25, 1987
Saturday

I rode my bike for a good while this morning all around Alameda.

Mom dropped over at my pad and she ironed my shirts while I cleaned-up the house and stuff. I needed a nap after the domestic chores.

When I woke up I left for Concord to Chris Cordellos’ hair salon called HEIDI’s. We left for his mom’s house and changed into shorts because it was such a hot, sunny day.

We went to a BBQ at Amy’s apartment. It was fun. I met Linda and Keith and a few others. I had a good time eating BBQ chicken, potato salad, fruit salad and carrot cake.

The day began to feel like a super, hot summer day. I felt like I shouldn’t be enjoying myself so much because I’m supposed to be recovering from poison oak. Chris laughed ‘his distinct laugh’ about that fact. I found shade and tried to avoid the sun. The last thing I need is to return to work on Monday with a beautiful tan!

We all fell asleep to a boring film called BRAZIL. I left, dropping Chris home. I was home in Alameda by 2:35AM.
Yawn.

“He and I—we’re a pair. One day he has the best of me and the next day I have the best of him.”
-Pearl S Buck
PEONY

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 150: I AM NOW SUSPICIOUS
    “I’ve had dreams as well…dreams I never fully understood until this moment.    But now they make a certain kind of sense.” -Paul Russell THE...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • I Made It Through
    “You’d been living all your life with this secret side, and it never really occurred to you to share it with me.” -Olen Steinhauer THE NEAR...
  • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
    The sky was celebration blue.   Clouds floated by like spoonfuls of buttery mashed potato, and the verdant grasses below them were all spark...
  • The Beginnings - Part 97: FRIGID, GROUCHY AND UNRESPONSIVE
    Fashion Designer, Karl Lagerfeld, had his own word for his fashion method:   ‘vampirising’.    As early as 1975 he admitted, “I am a so...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ▼  April (30)
      • A Vegetarian Dinner
      • It's So Perpendicular
      • Have You Ever 'Had' Anything?
      • Randomness: I WANT TO LIVE
      • Colorful Energy
      • A Hot, Sunny Day
      • Could Be Serious
      • My White Pants
      • Meeting Up
      • Up In The Air
      • Itching
      • Easter Sunday
      • Selecting Tunes
      • Beds Are Burning
      • Reconciled Our Differences
      • Voices Are Deceiving
      • My Merry Way
      • Flauntable
      • Secret Life
      • Obsessive Love
      • A Wake-Up Call
      • Too Involved
      • Move It
      • It Sounds Morbid
      • A Sheepherder
      • The Big Questions
      • A Twin-Sized Bed
      • Twenty-Six: A New Sail
      • Every Time I Think Of You
      • The Introductory Phase
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile