gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 21 April 2012

Up In The Air

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
A lie was something you told because you were mean or a coward. A story was something you made up out of something that might have happened. Only you didn’t tell it like it was; you told it like you thought it should have been.

-Betty Smith
A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN

Twenty-five years ago today:

April 21, 1987
Tuesday

I did it.  I called in sick with my phony Poison Oak excuse.

I took care of my auto maintenance by going to OIL CHANGERS for oil, filter and lube job. I also went to the Department of Motor Vehicles to renew my Driver’s License.

By midday I was with my niece, Ashley. I took her to the park. It was relaxing. I slept for a part of the afternoon and I actually went on a great bike ride.

Eileen and I talked on the phone for about an hour. We’re still hot on the idea of driving to Los Angeles for a weekend. The details are all ‘up in the air’ though. Who knows if it will happen at all?

I had a tall mountain to climb, with many treacherous glaciers still to cross, but finally, at last, I had obtained a stamped and signed entry visa to the paradise that lay beyond.
-C.D. Payne
YOUTH IN REVOLT

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 150: I AM NOW SUSPICIOUS
    “I’ve had dreams as well…dreams I never fully understood until this moment.    But now they make a certain kind of sense.” -Paul Russell THE...
  • The Beginnings - Part 117: IN POOR TASTE
    “With enough conviction the truth is whatever you say it is.” -as heard while watching the 2011-2012 series THE KILLING, Season I The B...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • My Very Best-Friend
    “Not only our actions but also our omissions become our destiny.” -Heinrich Zimmer, THE KING AND THE CORPSE Twenty-five years ago today: Jun...
  • I Made It Through
    “You’d been living all your life with this secret side, and it never really occurred to you to share it with me.” -Olen Steinhauer THE NEAR...
  • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
    The sky was celebration blue.   Clouds floated by like spoonfuls of buttery mashed potato, and the verdant grasses below them were all spark...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ▼  April (30)
      • A Vegetarian Dinner
      • It's So Perpendicular
      • Have You Ever 'Had' Anything?
      • Randomness: I WANT TO LIVE
      • Colorful Energy
      • A Hot, Sunny Day
      • Could Be Serious
      • My White Pants
      • Meeting Up
      • Up In The Air
      • Itching
      • Easter Sunday
      • Selecting Tunes
      • Beds Are Burning
      • Reconciled Our Differences
      • Voices Are Deceiving
      • My Merry Way
      • Flauntable
      • Secret Life
      • Obsessive Love
      • A Wake-Up Call
      • Too Involved
      • Move It
      • It Sounds Morbid
      • A Sheepherder
      • The Big Questions
      • A Twin-Sized Bed
      • Twenty-Six: A New Sail
      • Every Time I Think Of You
      • The Introductory Phase
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile