gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

A Wake-Up Call

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“There’s nothing worse than bitterness and revenge.”
-PERSEOPOLIS
2007 French/American animated film based on the novel by
Marjane Satrapi who grew up in Tehran, IRAN

Twenty-five years ago today:

April 10, 1987
Friday

At 6AM the phone rang. It was Jeff Sombat calling from Hawaii.
“Hi, I thought I’d give you a wake-up call.”
He’s too much!

There is still no word from Eileen. The hell with her! I just wonder how I will get my camera back that I left at her place.
I recalled saying to my mom, “If I don’t hear from her within thirty days I’ll just go over there and get it!”
I will have to wait and see what happens.

I caused an uproar of shock in the office yesterday.
I said, “I’m on a diet.”
I guess everyone thinks I don’t need to be on one.

I take back those words about waiting thirty days. That period of time would be too long and I have decided to call Eileen on Monday night to discuss my camera.
I plan to ask Eileen: “Don’t you think it’s time we talked?”
Then I will let her in on my planned trip to Sacramento and how I want and need my camera. I must have my camera!
PHOTO: Yvette Mimieux
Friday night was all right. I telephoned Frank and he ‘faced’ me for the night.
He said, “I have to clean and can’t make it tonight.”
I thought, “Hogwash! If he thinks I’ll commit to another day he’d better think twice.”

I ended up going to mom and dad’s and watched a movie starring Yvette Mimieux and Sam MacCorkindale called OBSESSIVE LOVE….or was that on Saturday night? Yes, it was…On Friday night I ‘hit the hay’ early. I did some reading, took a shower and simply slept soundly.

“Singing about your heartache could be very therapeutic.”
-KYLE-XY, Season II

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 150: I AM NOW SUSPICIOUS
    “I’ve had dreams as well…dreams I never fully understood until this moment.    But now they make a certain kind of sense.” -Paul Russell THE...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • I Made It Through
    “You’d been living all your life with this secret side, and it never really occurred to you to share it with me.” -Olen Steinhauer THE NEAR...
  • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
    The sky was celebration blue.   Clouds floated by like spoonfuls of buttery mashed potato, and the verdant grasses below them were all spark...
  • The Beginnings - Part 97: FRIGID, GROUCHY AND UNRESPONSIVE
    Fashion Designer, Karl Lagerfeld, had his own word for his fashion method:   ‘vampirising’.    As early as 1975 he admitted, “I am a so...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ▼  April (30)
      • A Vegetarian Dinner
      • It's So Perpendicular
      • Have You Ever 'Had' Anything?
      • Randomness: I WANT TO LIVE
      • Colorful Energy
      • A Hot, Sunny Day
      • Could Be Serious
      • My White Pants
      • Meeting Up
      • Up In The Air
      • Itching
      • Easter Sunday
      • Selecting Tunes
      • Beds Are Burning
      • Reconciled Our Differences
      • Voices Are Deceiving
      • My Merry Way
      • Flauntable
      • Secret Life
      • Obsessive Love
      • A Wake-Up Call
      • Too Involved
      • Move It
      • It Sounds Morbid
      • A Sheepherder
      • The Big Questions
      • A Twin-Sized Bed
      • Twenty-Six: A New Sail
      • Every Time I Think Of You
      • The Introductory Phase
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile