gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 12 April 2012

Secret Life

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“You live in a country that is designed to relieve you of certain pressures by stimulating your senses and comforting you with material goodies, but you are smart enough to know that life is about more than that.”

-Tucker Malarkey
AN OBVIOUS ENCHANTMENT

Twenty-five years ago today:

April 12, 1987
Sunday

I broke down and decided to telephone Eileen. I couldn’t wait until Monday. Luckily, she wasn’t home.

I had a light breakfast at mom’s house and then I set out for San Ramon on my bike. It was a good, extensive ride. I met an extremely buff gentleman on a his bike who seemed younger than me (early twenties) and he directed me to the best bike path to ride through.

It wasn’t too exciting in the San Ramon area but at least the roads were free with no passers-by to get in my way. When I ride along Alameda’s South Shore beach I find it a problem when people get in my way. It disrupts my pace.

I also met a guy named Tom Hlebakos (or something like that) who happens to be an aerobics instructor at the 24-Hour Nautilus gym in San Mateo. What are the chances of that? Of course, he made me think of Eileen since she lives in that area.
PHOTO: Bonni Jayne (b. 1958 d. 2012)

I slept well once I returned home. Bonni Jayne, my longtime pal since sixth-grade and high-school, called me.
Bonni said, “I don’t think I’m going to our ten year reunion.”
“Why not?”
“I just don’t feel comfortable and I don’t think there’s anyone I want to see."
"You'll see me!"  I added, "And you can see Sue and I know there are others who would love to see you!"
I tried to persuade her into attending. Did it work? I don’t know.




PHOTO: Kate Capshaw
I watched a movie called HER SECRET LIFE, starring Kate Capshaw. It was an action film about a spy turned housewife who meets an old lover when she sneaks into CUBA to free an old friend. The title made me think of Bonni Jayne in a way. I’ve been in awe of actress Kate Capshaw ever since that 1982 romantic-comedy called A LITTLE SEX. After the movie I went to bed, sleeping soundly. Yawn.

The compensation of a very early success is a conviction that life is a romantic matter.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ▼  April (30)
      • A Vegetarian Dinner
      • It's So Perpendicular
      • Have You Ever 'Had' Anything?
      • Randomness: I WANT TO LIVE
      • Colorful Energy
      • A Hot, Sunny Day
      • Could Be Serious
      • My White Pants
      • Meeting Up
      • Up In The Air
      • Itching
      • Easter Sunday
      • Selecting Tunes
      • Beds Are Burning
      • Reconciled Our Differences
      • Voices Are Deceiving
      • My Merry Way
      • Flauntable
      • Secret Life
      • Obsessive Love
      • A Wake-Up Call
      • Too Involved
      • Move It
      • It Sounds Morbid
      • A Sheepherder
      • The Big Questions
      • A Twin-Sized Bed
      • Twenty-Six: A New Sail
      • Every Time I Think Of You
      • The Introductory Phase
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile