gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 10 June 2012

Hot Summer Nights

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
A story should have a beginning, a middle and an end.  But actually, if you think about it, life isn’t like that. Life doesn’t have a neat beginning and a tidy end.  Life is always going on.  You should begin in the middle and end in the middle, and it should all be there.
-V.S. Naipaul
HALF A LIFE

Twenty-five years ago today:

June 10, 1987
Wednesday

Taking the OX express bus to San Francisco is becoming a great venue. I’m allowing my car to rest. It’s great and less expensive that using up all of my gas.

Freddie, Rhoda and I ate at ‘B and M Chinese’.

Rhoda and Steve got on poor Freddie’s case because she cancelled someone’s Yellow Page Advertising before giving the customer a chance. Apparently, Freddie called the customer after a week had passed and received no response to an intent to cancel letter (Poor Freddie).

I had another day of good accomplishments with my work load.

I came home after work and found a note from Stacey. She left some things in her room. I snooped and saw a sexy nightgown sprawled out on the bed. It looks nice. I’d like to see it on her.

I may have talked Sherri into going to Lori’s Wedding Reception this Saturday with my mom and me. She will bring Ashley along, too.
Sherri said, “Stacy doesn’t really have a boyfriend.”
I nonchalantly mentioned, “Well, she goes to some place two nights a week. Maybe it’s a YOGA-related thing or maybe she’s into that EST thing.”
Sherri confessed, “Well, she’s ‘sort of been seeing’ some thirty-five year old guy but I don’t know if it’s really that serious.”
“I don’t know anything about that. I think she’s cute though. I don’t know what I’m going to do on those HOT SUMMER Nights with her under my same roof.”
Sherri laughed and asked, “What if I said she thinks mutually of you?”
That sounded interesting. I wasn’t sure if she was serious or kidding.

I helped my dad out by moving his PINTO because they’re going to restructure dad’s front yard with some cosmetic cement work in a specific area to make the driveway have more space.

I received a postcard from Paloma. She indicated where she is living now. She wants me to send her my telephone number. I don’t think she has my new one. It would be fun to speak to her in France.

I also received a letter from Eileen. I finally broke down and called her. It was clear from her voice that she was so happy to hear from me and doesn’t want to lose me.
She whispered, “Listen…I can’t really talk now because Ann is calling me to help set the table for dinner.”
“Shall I call you around seven-thirty?” I asked.
“That would be PERFECT!”
“Well, I’ll be at the gym.”
“I’m going to BLACK ANGUS with Katrina and another girlfriend tonight.”
I said, “Okay then I’ll call you tomorrow.”
“I can call you later tonight.”
“Okay.”
It’s over between us as far as I’m concerned. We can still be friends but if she doesn’t want a relationship with me…why waste my time? I could hear Carla’s voice, whispering in my ear. She’s too young anyway.
Chris had even said the same thing last night, “She’s too young.”

Stacy seems a lot more mature.
Stacy left a message on my recorder: “I’m OFFICIALLY moving in on Monday.”

I went to the gym and Scott was not around to give inspiration. Could he be leaving early?   Is he avoiding me?

Martin Sheen is the guest host on THE LATE SHOW. It irks me that his son’s Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen got into show biz so easily. It’s nice having familial connections in the movie industry. It’s not always what you know but who you know. I only wish I had some significant connections. I only wish. Alas, only time will tell. It’s time for bed.

Do you ever think while something is happening, about what’s happening someplace else?
-Mitch Albom
FOR ONE MORE DAY

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ▼  June (30)
      • Upside Down
      • One In Every Port
      • Hamburgers and Witches
      • A Daydream
      • Roasted Marshmallows
      • My Very Best-Friend
      • It's All New To Me
      • His So-Called Relationship
      • A Movie Star
      • Suede and Leather
      • It's No Big Deal
      • A 'No Go'
      • A 'No Show'
      • It's Beyond Me
      • A Good Influence
      • Home-Cooked Goodies
      • Mexicali Rose Anniversary Margarita's
      • Ten Year Reunion
      • La Bomba
      • To Let Off Some Steam
      • Hot Summer Nights
      • Waiting Around In The Wings
      • The Hell With It
      • Being A Nuisance
      • When You Find The Time
      • The Untouchables
      • BIG HUNK
      • Awesome: Children of a Lesser God
      • In The Nick of Time
      • Getting HOT Again
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile