gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 6 June 2012

When You Find The Time

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“Don’t HOPE. Plan, then ACT!”

-Michael J Armijo
PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS

Twenty-five years ago today:

June 6, 1987
Saturday

I woke Scott and persuaded him to go jogging with me to the end of the beach. Surprisingly, he couldn’t make it all the way.
Scott explained, “Dang…I know it’s because I’ve never run in these size eight shoes before!”
“It’s cool,” I reassured him, “We can walk the rest of the way back.”

I telephoned mom and change our ‘come over and clean my house together’ date for Sunday. I figured Scott was here and we could hang out together. We ate breakfast at OLE’s WAFFLE SHOP on Park Street. I explained how the waffle place is a landmark in Alameda. He loved it.

After breakfast we drove in to San Francisco where we cruised along South of Market Street, Lombard Street, COIT TOWER, Market Street, St. Francis Residential, Ocean Beach, The Castro vicinity, Van Ness Avenue, Polk Street and on through Geary. I gave him a reasonably good tour of The City.

We continued back to Alameda and lounged at my house for a while and played a game of chess. I lost.

I tried to nap while Scott waited to accept a Collect Call from OHIO.
Once he received the call I drove Scott back to the Naval Base.
Scott said, “I’m hungry again!”
“You are?”
“Yeah!”
“Well, I’m not.”
Needless to say, I just dropped him off and guided myself to a local bookstore. I left after some browsing and drove over to mom and dad’s house. I briefed mom on my day. I showed her the ‘EVERY INCH A LADY” greeting card of a very obese woman clad in a tiny bikini. Mom laughed.
I said, “Scott bought the same card for a friend of his in Ohio. I don’t know who I’m going to send this to…yet.”

I returned home to a phone call from Johnny on my answering recorder. He wasn’t at home, so I left him a message.

I also called Eileen because she was also on my recorder.
In her message she said, “Call me when you find the time.”
I found the time but, of course, she wasn’t home. Yawn.

In deep relationships there has to be a mutual valuing of the other person.
The two people have to want to play an important part in each other’s lives.
-Michael J Armijo
PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENTS





Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ▼  June (30)
      • Upside Down
      • One In Every Port
      • Hamburgers and Witches
      • A Daydream
      • Roasted Marshmallows
      • My Very Best-Friend
      • It's All New To Me
      • His So-Called Relationship
      • A Movie Star
      • Suede and Leather
      • It's No Big Deal
      • A 'No Go'
      • A 'No Show'
      • It's Beyond Me
      • A Good Influence
      • Home-Cooked Goodies
      • Mexicali Rose Anniversary Margarita's
      • Ten Year Reunion
      • La Bomba
      • To Let Off Some Steam
      • Hot Summer Nights
      • Waiting Around In The Wings
      • The Hell With It
      • Being A Nuisance
      • When You Find The Time
      • The Untouchables
      • BIG HUNK
      • Awesome: Children of a Lesser God
      • In The Nick of Time
      • Getting HOT Again
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile