gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 3 June 2012

Awesome: Children of a Lesser God

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
Make a life commitment. Commit a little every day.

Yes, I will be there.
Yes, I will do it.
Yes, you can forget it.
Yes, I’ll have it.
Yes, I’ll take care of it.
Yes, I will meet you.
Yes, I will darn well do it…everyday.
Then, you will be ready for the big challenge.
Discipline yourself.
-Michael J Armijo
PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENTS

Twenty-five years ago today:

June 3, 1987
Wednesday

The bus ride to and from San Francisco went smoothly.

The latest scoop on AIDS is that things look promising because thousands of the best scientists are working their tails off on an anecdote. This is great news because that disease involves everyone now. It’s a scary one.

Carla and I ate out at Don Miguel’s. We had a good time. I hadn’t had lunch with her in sometime. We were overdue.

Work is a drag sometimes. Then again, it’s really not that bad. I do very well in what I am doing.

I was soon home and bicycling by six o’clock. I took a nice one-hour ride and it felt so good. I felt fat before the ride. I felt so much better after that hour of pedaling. I came home and just lounged on the couch.

An old man knocked on my door, claiming to be the father of the ex-owner of this townhouse.
He asked, “I was wondering if you might have the escrow papers for the sale of this house for my son’s information. He needs help as he’s getting a divorce and can’t get to the papers as he’s off-limits to his wife’s place.”
It sounded ‘touchy’ and ‘strange’.
I explained that my parents own the townhouse and gave him their telephone number. That was all. My folks can choose to ignore the call if he calls them.

Mary, a gal studying to be a psychologist at Sacramento State, called me to see if I wanted to join the Sac State Alumni.
I said, “It sounds good…but what’s in it for me?”
She went on by saying, “Your donation will help to improve the Sac State image, making your degree worth more for your future.”
“Oh well, go ahead and send me the information.”
She said, “I will send you a pledge card. If you pledge one-hundred and twenty-five dollars every three months it is tax-deductible and that entitles you to use the Job Placement facilities at any time.”
“It’s something to think about,” I said, thinking that I couldn’t really do this at this time.

I was reading the newspaper when my brother John called and asked, “Hey Mike, I have this movie called CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD that’s awesome…do you want to see it?”
“Okay, can you drop it over here?”
“Okay.”
I finished my Diet Dr. Pepper, thinking how nice it was of John to think of me. I am now about to watch the movie.

“If you want it…you got it.”
-Michael J Armijo
PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENTS

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ▼  June (30)
      • Upside Down
      • One In Every Port
      • Hamburgers and Witches
      • A Daydream
      • Roasted Marshmallows
      • My Very Best-Friend
      • It's All New To Me
      • His So-Called Relationship
      • A Movie Star
      • Suede and Leather
      • It's No Big Deal
      • A 'No Go'
      • A 'No Show'
      • It's Beyond Me
      • A Good Influence
      • Home-Cooked Goodies
      • Mexicali Rose Anniversary Margarita's
      • Ten Year Reunion
      • La Bomba
      • To Let Off Some Steam
      • Hot Summer Nights
      • Waiting Around In The Wings
      • The Hell With It
      • Being A Nuisance
      • When You Find The Time
      • The Untouchables
      • BIG HUNK
      • Awesome: Children of a Lesser God
      • In The Nick of Time
      • Getting HOT Again
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile