gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 27 June 2012

A Daydream

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
"Oh, ‘DAYDREAM BELIEVER’. It’s a great song. I don’t care what anyone says.

It’s O.K. to like ‘DAYDREAM BELIEVER’. There’s nothing wrong with a guilty pleasure from time to time"
-JOHNNY DEPP
Vanity Fair Jan 2011 INTERVIEW

Twenty-five years ago today:

June 27, 1987
Saturday

I felt like I was in a daydream. The bird sounds, the chirps, etc. were really something to hear from the tent on this morning in the woods. I could suddenly hear the faint sounds of people. Children began running and one gal was crying for her mama. It reminded me of my niece, Ashley. I dreamt a raccoon came near our tent and took a shit near my face because there was a fictitious hole in the tent (in my dream).

I’m hungry for a good breakfast. We shall see. One feels even more hungry when one wakes up outside.

In the middle of the night I thought I heard footsteps and eerie sounds. It could have been people but it could have also been a wild animal standing right next to the text. Worst of all, the sound of a man snoring so loud was heard from another tent.

Johnny and I decided against BIG SURE since it was about three or four hours away. We made bacon and eggs. It smelled so good outside. We hiked a trail or two. We took pictures via the beautiful trees. We took a train near Mt. Herman. There were some strange folks on that train.

We dropped in to the town of Los Gatos at ate dinner at THE GOOD EARTH. Memories of my time there in 1982 with George Jones flashed in my mind. Johnny seemed rather quiet most of the time. I imagine he was collecting his thoughts.  I can only guess.  I'm sure he was hoping for MORE over this weekend.

I had Johnny sign my House Book once we returned to Alameda. The images he chose to paste on his pages were interesting. It said something about him.

I telephoned Lottie. I was thinking of her at the moment.

Johnny tee’d me off when he said, “The irony of that fact that Dick was the last to sleep over.”
He was referring to his roommate.
I also got Johnny on the defensive when I said, “You say the phrase ‘uh huh huh’ too much. Can’t you think of something else in place of those words?”

I met a man once who did a lot of mountain climbing. I asked him which was harder, ascending or descending. He said without a doubt descending because ascending one is so focused on reaching the top, you avoided mistakes.
-Mitch Albom
FOR ONE MORE DAY

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ▼  June (30)
      • Upside Down
      • One In Every Port
      • Hamburgers and Witches
      • A Daydream
      • Roasted Marshmallows
      • My Very Best-Friend
      • It's All New To Me
      • His So-Called Relationship
      • A Movie Star
      • Suede and Leather
      • It's No Big Deal
      • A 'No Go'
      • A 'No Show'
      • It's Beyond Me
      • A Good Influence
      • Home-Cooked Goodies
      • Mexicali Rose Anniversary Margarita's
      • Ten Year Reunion
      • La Bomba
      • To Let Off Some Steam
      • Hot Summer Nights
      • Waiting Around In The Wings
      • The Hell With It
      • Being A Nuisance
      • When You Find The Time
      • The Untouchables
      • BIG HUNK
      • Awesome: Children of a Lesser God
      • In The Nick of Time
      • Getting HOT Again
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile