gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 1 June 2014

A Cool Connection

Posted on 00:30 by Unknown
He that plants a tree loves others besides himself.
-Thomas Fuller
(imprinted on a card that Barbara Louise Reynolds sent to me)

Diary Notes early June 1988

I found a way to ‘move forward’.   A new summer was about to begin and I had my bike.   The riding released any anxiety I may have had left.   I was fixated on fitness.   The burst of energy exhilarated me to reach a new horizon.
I had many interests.   I asked myself, “Who could I call?”
I chose to call Amy Louise Platt.   She was still living in Lafayette as a Registered Nurse/Nanny and was very pleased to hear from me.   We have a BBQ outing planned soon.   I thought to call Anne Alberti but she’s too ‘Heavy into Jeff’.   I see her at the gym and she is still preoccupied (or so it seems).
Photo:  Amy Louise Platt-Shreve, 1988

There is a friend I met in Los Angeles named John Tuzziano who will be visiting the Bay Area later this month with friends.  I am looking forward to showing them around.  I want to take them to Berkeley.

PHOTO:  John Tuzziano

Hanging-out with mom has been inspiring, too.   She knew that Kelly and I had broken-up.   I didn’t offer any details.  She didn’t pry and it was all so matter-of-fact.
“Yeah,” I announced suddenly, “Kelly and I broke up.”
“Oh?”
“Yeah…it’s time to move on to greener pastures.   She’s too young.”
Mom laughed.   Perhaps she saw it as wisdom.

I watched the 007 film, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, with mom.   It came out last year and I really feel a cool connection with the new James Bond (Timothy Dalton).   I like him.
I set up a new telephone service installation at work for a modeling/acting school in San Francisco.   I may call them for an appointment.  

The girl I spoke with said, “I can make sure you get a good deal for the next session.   Come on in!   A fashion show will be held in The City in December and you could get ‘call backs’ from agencies.”
I figured…nothing ventured is nothing gained.   It could be fun.  I could meet some new people.

A young man is still a boy, and a boy sometimes has the right to be stubborn.   What he needed was a series of new projects. -Markus Zusak, THE BOOK THIEF

 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ▼  June (5)
      • A Visit to the Alameda County Fairgrounds
      • Searching for Reality
      • You Always Want What You Can't Have
      • 'The Others'
      • A Cool Connection
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ►  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile