gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 23 March 2012

Better Be Careful

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“Nothing is over until I say it is!”
-Karen Black
TRILOGY OF TERROR, 1975 film

Twenty-five years ago today:

March 23, 1987
Monday

Eileen was not at home at nine o’clock last night. I am assuming she went to see a movie. I telephoned her from my office today and she was chipper and feeling as happy as sunshine. We discussed the possibility of our going to Los Angeles during the third week of April. I am now having second thoughts about it.

Carla may go to Miami this weekend (or next). I’m envious.

Los Angeles had the biggest $325 Million dollar Cocaine Bust in the history of California. I heard it in the news. I wonder if dreamy green-eyed Gary lost an old source. Carla had better be careful if she’s thinking of making cocaine money. She made a little joke about it…or was it a joke? And now she’s going to Miami. Who knows?

I am going to call Grimme Modeling Agency today for an appointment and see what transpires. Nothing ventured…nothing gained.

It was a great day because Steve Adams had the day off. He irks me with his doorknob personality. He usually sits at his desk quietly all day. There’s no excitement or fun feeling about him. He’s married and I wonder if his wife is exciting. I hope she is (for his sake).

An Account Collection Representative in Los Angeles resigned today. It’s just as well. It’s my identical job here in Northern California and I can easily relate to that action.

I went bicycling after work in my new green bike shorts. It was a good ride. I did a short stint of babysitting for my niece, Ashley, after the ride. I bought her a little Easter Bunny. She picked pictures for my House Book from magazines and started to watch the movie THE BAD SEED with me. We also watched a bit of ALF and VALERIE.

Ashley cried when I turned one of the lights off. Is she afraid of the dark? Well nevertheless, we had fun. Sherri had a friend to take out and her mom (Janet) was sick. I didn’t mind watching Ashley for a few hours.

I telephoned Margaret Lai and confirmed our outing for this Sunday.

Troy Nelson wrote me a letter from Salt Lake City, Utah and the last line he wrote was: “See you in the movies or GQ.”

Carla also mentioned the idea of me looking into the modeling scene. I want to look into it…I guess. I will have to be more serious about it if it’s really something I want to explore.

I wrote postcards tonight to the Hawaiian pals (Carla, Jeff, Stefan), Michael Thoennes, Paloma, John Murrough and Teddy Charach.   I decided to go to Hawaii again.  I just need to figure out 'when'.

007 asked, “Who are you?” after waking from being shot by a sedative gun.
“My name is Pussy Galore.”
007 replied, “I must be dreaming.”
-GOLDFINGER
1964 motion-picture

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ▼  March (9)
      • Our Feelings
      • Bizarre Love Triangle
      • A Very Long Chin
      • My Cycling Plan
      • The "New Squeeze"
      • There's This Guy Who Likes Me
      • Just Retire and WRITE
      • A Requirement in Life
      • Better Be Careful
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile