gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 25 March 2012

Just Retire and WRITE

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“The thinner the file…the better the agent.”
-MISSING, ABC-TV series
Starring Ashley Judd, Pilot Episode I

Twenty-five years ago today:

March 25, 1987
Wednesday

This morning I was having a pleasant break with Carla.
“You know, Carla, I often write about you in my journal.”
“You do?”
“Yes, I think you’d make a great character for a future book.”
She laughed aloud, rolling her head back a little in her sexy way.

Carla and I ate lunch at MAX’s instead of walking over to Market Street. She was feeling too lazy to walk a few extra blocks. It was a beautiful day.

After work I hit the road on my BIANCHI bicycle from 5:45PM until 6:30PM. It feels good again. I was riding non-stop with no obstacles in my way. After the ride I came home to change and went to browse at the bookstore.

While at home a bit later I learned from my answering machine that I had missed a phone call from Johnny Schaefer in L.A.

I recalled earlier today some of my conversation with Carla.
“You know, Carla, sometimes I wish I could just retire and WRITE! That’s something that I would really like to do.”
“You should just do it, Michael, if that's what you want to do.”
“Yeah…but first things first.”
I thought, “Let’s see how it goes with that Grimme Modeling Agency. I wonder how they’ll react to my photos. They should receive them tomorrow since I mailed them early this morning.”

I telephoned mom today. She’s doing just fine. I’m looking forward to this weekend so that I can see her and spend time with her.

“It’s not that I don’t remember. It’s that I can never forget.”
-as heard while watching
AFTERSHOCK, 2010 dramatic film from CHINA

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Home-Cooked Goodies
    “You can make more friends in a month by being interested in them than in ten years of trying to get them interested in you.” -Charles L All...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Beginnings - Part 150: I AM NOW SUSPICIOUS
    “I’ve had dreams as well…dreams I never fully understood until this moment.    But now they make a certain kind of sense.” -Paul Russell THE...
  • My Very Best-Friend
    “Not only our actions but also our omissions become our destiny.” -Heinrich Zimmer, THE KING AND THE CORPSE Twenty-five years ago today: Jun...
  • The Beginnings - Part 31: MAKE A CIRCUIT WITH ME
    …To be young and feel love’s keen sting. HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE Twenty-five years ago today: August 3, 1987 Monday Another w...
  • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
    The sky was celebration blue.   Clouds floated by like spoonfuls of buttery mashed potato, and the verdant grasses below them were all spark...
  • The Beginnings - Part 97: FRIGID, GROUCHY AND UNRESPONSIVE
    Fashion Designer, Karl Lagerfeld, had his own word for his fashion method:   ‘vampirising’.    As early as 1975 he admitted, “I am a so...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ▼  March (9)
      • Our Feelings
      • Bizarre Love Triangle
      • A Very Long Chin
      • My Cycling Plan
      • The "New Squeeze"
      • There's This Guy Who Likes Me
      • Just Retire and WRITE
      • A Requirement in Life
      • Better Be Careful
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile