gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 30 March 2012

Bizarre Love Triangle

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
Do you intend to spend your entire life admiring yourself?

-THE NAKED CIVIL SERVANT
1975 film about Quentin Crisp

Twenty-five years ago today:

March 30, 1987
Monday

The Academy Award nominations have been given and once again I wasn’t even nominated. Then again, how could I be?

I called that GRIMME Modeling Agency and the representative replied pleasantly by asking, “Could you come in on Wednesday between ten and twelve?”
I don’t see how I can do that in-between my normal work environment and all.

I ought to concentrate on writing my book. I would like to focus on a keen novel of interest. I guess a good start might be a simple outline. Perhaps I keep putting it off. I would really like a PC (Personal Computer) to help me dish out the words more easily.

Carla took another spur-of-the-moment day off again!

Only one more month and I will bridge my service from when I worked at Pacific Telephone. The new representative has more seniority than me, so I doubt that I’ll have the 8-4 shift; however, 8-4:30 is better than my current 8:30-5.

At lunch, Freddie and I walked over to Market Street and ordered the delicious Chow Mein at “B and M Chinese” on Second Street to-go. I saw my brother, Tony, on his way there as we had left.

I gave Eileen a call but she wasn’t home. That’s no surprise.

I remained home all night with the runs. I just plain lounged, watching The Academy Awards. Johnny Schaefer telephoned me at 11:30PM but I was almost asleep and chose not to answer the phone. I was approaching dreamland.
When I heard his message in the morning he simply asked, “I just wanted to know if you heard the Oscar winner results.”
PLATOON was Best Picture.   Paul Newman won Best Actor for THE COLOR OF MONEY and Marlee Matlin won Best Actress for CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD.

Jeff Sombat called me from Hawaii also, leaving a bizarre message on my answering machine.
Jeff said, “Stefan is drunk…but don’t worry. I had a talk with Carla.”
Then I could hear Carla in the background, talking to Stefan. All seems pretty much okay with them now.  Love Triangles…I tell you!  It makes me think of that song that I love by NEW ORDER called BIZARRE LOVE TRIANGLE.

It was hard to decipher what exactly he was doing there. Was he lover or muse, boyfriend or ideal? -Alicia Drake
THE BEAUTIFUL FALL:
Fashion, Genius, and Glorious Excess in 1970s Paris

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • I Made It Through
    “You’d been living all your life with this secret side, and it never really occurred to you to share it with me.” -Olen Steinhauer THE NEAR...
  • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
    The sky was celebration blue.   Clouds floated by like spoonfuls of buttery mashed potato, and the verdant grasses below them were all spark...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ▼  March (9)
      • Our Feelings
      • Bizarre Love Triangle
      • A Very Long Chin
      • My Cycling Plan
      • The "New Squeeze"
      • There's This Guy Who Likes Me
      • Just Retire and WRITE
      • A Requirement in Life
      • Better Be Careful
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile