gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 30 July 2012

The Beginnings – Part 27: TINGLES UP AND DOWN HER SPINE

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
Once you spill mercury from a bottle, you can never brush it all back in.
-Christopher Bram
EMINENT OUTLAWS

The Beginnings – Part 27: TINGLES UP AND DOWN HER SPINE

May 12, 1983

I got word from work today that Barbara Reynolds made attempts to call me last night.

I had no sales today. It’s not a good day ‘every day’. The Assistant Manager, Kathy Dumbrowski, did observe a contact I had with a customer. In addition, the new supervisor observed a call I had (unbeknownst to me). Kathy’s observation was commendable (a good thing).

After work I drove through Shoreline Drive and happened to see Suzy Miller who waved me down while she was on her bike. I stopped.
She said, “How funny…I was on my way to visit you!”
“Well, continue riding to my place and then I’ll join you for a ride.”

When Suzy arrived I snapped a few photographs of her and hopped on my bike for a short ride with her. We cruised through part of Central Alameda. It was a fun ride.
Suzy said, “You know, Bonnie called me to see if we were coming to visit her in New York.”
“Well, I guess we’re not now…because of our shortage of funds.”
We talked about Chinese food, so I rode back to my place and hopped into my car and drove to Suzy’s apartment. We ate at some hole-in-the-wall Chinese joint called WAH LAH (or something like that). Then we walked around the South Shore Shopping Center for a while.

While at the Shopping Center I bought myself a pair of navy blue NIKE shorts. Suzy bought a bandana at MILLER’S OUTPOST. She tried on about five bathing suits as I sat around waiting. She came out to get my approval. While I was waiting at one point I bumped into an old flame from high-school. Her name is Christa Keller. Her sister, Patty, is my age. Patty had a crush on my during our high-school days. I never knew until later but I had a crush on Patty’s sister, Christa. I liked Christa—but once we were going steady for a bit it seemed to melt.
I think I dropped her from peer pressure by fellow pals (Sandy Renk, Bonni Jayne and Suzy Miller) who shouted, “She’s a FRESHMAN!”
I can still hear them asking me, “How could you go out with a freshman?”
I shrugged it off and they continued by saying, “You could do better than that, Mike!”  I regretted that I ended my relationship with Christa. Now here we are. She’s twenty-one and I’m twenty-three. She gave me her telephone number. I also wrote up a contact card for her to reach me. I used a line from that card I bought and wrote: ‘You’re My Favorite Current Event.’
I hope the card will bring tingles up and down her spine (and elsewhere for that matter). Time will tell.

I wished my brother, Tony, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY today, of course. Today is his 25th Birthday.
I announced, “Hey, You’re a quarter of a century.”

“I can’t plan that far ahead.  I don’t even buy green bananas.”
-Maggie Smith
THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL,
2012 motion-picture









Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ▼  July (31)
      • The Beginnings - Part 28: BODY WAVE
      • The Beginnings – Part 27: TINGLES UP AND DOWN HER ...
      • The Beginnings – Part 26: HOW LUCKY I AM
      • The Beginnings – Part 25: HORROR MOVIES, A NEW LOV...
      • The Beginnings – Part 24: CHAPPED LIPS
      • The Beginnings – Part 23: A FLYING ELEPHANT
      • The Beginnings – Part 22: TWENTY-FOUR YEARS OLD
      • The Beginnings – Part 21: LOVERBOY
      • The Beginnings – Part 20: MY VERY OWN APARTMENT IN...
      • The Beginnings – Part 19: GO WITH THE FLOW
      • The Beginnings – Part 18: LIFE HAS PURPOSE
      • The Beginnings – Part 17: SANTA CRUZ, THE EXCURSION
      • The Beginnings – Part 16: MY FAVORITE CURRENT EVENT
      • The Beginnings – Part 15: BREAKING AWAY
      • The Beginnings – Part 14: THE OMEGA MAN and GO ASK...
      • The Beginnings – Part 13: AN INTERESTING CREATURE
      • The Beginnings – Part 12: HAIRDRESSER ON FIRE
      • The Beginnings – Part 11: TWO TICKETS TO PARADISE
      • The Beginnings - Part 10: ARE YOU FOR REAL?
      • The Beginnings - Part 9: NEVER ASSUME or ART OF K...
      • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
      • The Beginnings - Part 7: THAT EROTIC VALENTINE'S ...
      • The Beginnings - Part 6: THE MEANING OF LIFE
      • The Beginnings - Part 5: HIGH WINDS
      • The Beginnings - Part 4: THIS EVENTFUL TRIP
      • The Beginnings - Part 3: LONELINESS
      • The Beginnings - Part 2: IN THE MOOD FOR DANCING
      • The Beginnings - Part I: DIARY
      • The Interaction Between Two Urges
      • Taking the Liberty to Screw Things Up
      • I Made It Through
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile