gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 1 December 2012

The Beginnings - Part 151: DANCING IN DECEMBER

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
More THANKSGIVING Photos from Twenty-five years ago, November 26, 1987

“Romance lives by repetition, and repetition converts an appetite into an ART.”
-Oscar Wilde
THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY

 

 




The Beginnings – Part 151:  DANCING IN DECEMBER

December 1, 1983

It was great reminiscing with Barbara Reynolds at work today.   She talked about how ‘when we were little’ and we used to race the fast moving clouds and try to win.   I had forgotten about childhood discovery moments like this one.

I ate dinner at Helen’s pad.  We ate tamales and watched WKRP in Cincinnati and MAMA’s FAMILY.  They were good for a few laughs.   Then Helen and I made spur-of-the-moment plans to go to Bobby McGee’s in San Ramon.   It was fun.  We had some good dancing tunes to move our way through.  Who knew we’d be dancing in December?
Helen finally saw my Townhouse pad at 3348 Solomon Lane.   We really had a great time at Bobby McGee’s.   It was funny while I was in the men’s room.   There was this guy who was talking to me.
“I’m from Sacramento,” he said.
“Hey, I used to go to school there…Sac State.”
“Oh wow,” he replied.
I think he was a little drunk but I handed him my business card and said, “Well, if you want to buy a new phone.”
I think I was a little tipsy myself.   I left it at that.  What a peculiar moment in time.

I saw a few cute chicks while I was dancing with Helen.   There weren’t very many though.   I simply wanted to have a good time.   Helen and I did ‘just that’.   It was a great way to begin a festive December.
“You’re like me…old-fashioned…you’re the kind of girl I like.”
-as heard while watching a short clip from the 2010 film BRIGHTON ROCK
Based on the 1938 novel by Graham Greene
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ▼  December (14)
      • The Beginnings - Part 164: EXPLORING NEW IDEAS
      • The Beginnings - Part 163: IT FELT SAFE
      • The Beginnings - Part 162: BEING PRUDISH
      • The Beginnings - Part 161: "YOU SHOULDN'T LIMIT YO...
      • The Beginnings - Part 160: AN EYE-STOPPER
      • The Beginnings - Part 159: ZONKED OUT
      • The Beginnings - Part 158: "YOU KEPT ME UP ALL NI...
      • The Beginnings - Part 157: A HERSHEY'S KISS
      • The Beginnings - Part 156: REAR WINDOW
      • The Beginnings - Part 155: THE RIGHT STUFF
      • The Beginnings - Part 154: SPONTANEITY 'IN LOVE'
      • The Beginnings - Part 153: LIVING, LOVING and LEA...
      • The Beginnings - Part 152: A COCKTAIL IN THE BACKR...
      • The Beginnings - Part 151: DANCING IN DECEMBER
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile