gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 14 December 2012

The Beginnings - Part 164: EXPLORING NEW IDEAS

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
"Nothing’s a mystery,” she said crossly.  “Everything’s got an explanation, if you can find it.”
-Taylor Caldwell
A PROLOGUE TO LOVE

The Beginnings – Part 164:  EXPLORING NEW IDEAS
December 14, 1983, Wednesday

Salima and I wore black today.   It was a fun coincidence.   I love her carefree spirit.   She’s beautiful.
I ate lunch at MONICA’s and had a mushroom cheeseburger.   It was very good.  I needed it.

I received a message from Alexis.   We kept missing one another.   We eventually talked this evening.   She spoke of her friend, Ron, a male model, who is going to Paris.
She seemed scatter brained as she said, “I need to finish my Christmas Cards.”
We talked further about random people like Bill Helbush, my brother, John and his girlfriend, Sherri and Dave Vigil (of my office).   We discussed a possible Los Angeles trip for New Year’s Eve.   We just kept going on and on.  We were exploring new ideas.  Once again she brought up the possibility of a trip to Hawaii.  I liked this feeling of romantic rush.

Nici called me also.   She received my Christmas card also.   She was going to come over to my place to watch DYNASTY with me but she chickened out at the last minute when she heard that my brother, John, and Sherri would be here.   Cest la vie.
John and Sherri were lounging in the living room watching the Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour film:  SOMEWHERE IN TIME.

Dave Vigil liked my beige corduroy jacket today.   In fact, I received a lot of compliments about my black sweater too (from Ruben, Salima and Barbara).
I received a Christmas card from Barbara Reynolds yesterday.   Jim sent a card, too.   That was a surprise.

Tonight I am staying home to simply watch DYNASTY.   I will probably watch SOMEWHERE IN TIME also. 
Oh no…DYNASTY was cancelled tonight.   It’s time for bed.  I can dream about somewhere else in time…

NOTE:  The 007 Gentleman will be away on a global assignment for one year.   He has been devoted to a daily entry to this blog since November 9, 2008.  

Don’t despair as he will be busy, working on new surveillance photography and reading books for new material to enter here in this unique blog.   It is time to begin exploring new ideas.  There will be more to come from the late 1980s, the early 1990s and beyond when the 007 Gentleman returns in December 2013.   Hasta La Vista.

To Continue with The Beginnings you may simply backtrack by going to the BLOG Dated December 15, 2008 entitled: 
NOW AND THEN:  The True Joys of Life: 
It is here where I continued my ‘Twenty-five years ago entry’ dated December 15, 1983.
James Bond.  My Choice.
Dreams can be such dangerous things; they smolder on like a fire does, and sometimes consume us completely.
-Arthur Golden,
MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ▼  December (14)
      • The Beginnings - Part 164: EXPLORING NEW IDEAS
      • The Beginnings - Part 163: IT FELT SAFE
      • The Beginnings - Part 162: BEING PRUDISH
      • The Beginnings - Part 161: "YOU SHOULDN'T LIMIT YO...
      • The Beginnings - Part 160: AN EYE-STOPPER
      • The Beginnings - Part 159: ZONKED OUT
      • The Beginnings - Part 158: "YOU KEPT ME UP ALL NI...
      • The Beginnings - Part 157: A HERSHEY'S KISS
      • The Beginnings - Part 156: REAR WINDOW
      • The Beginnings - Part 155: THE RIGHT STUFF
      • The Beginnings - Part 154: SPONTANEITY 'IN LOVE'
      • The Beginnings - Part 153: LIVING, LOVING and LEA...
      • The Beginnings - Part 152: A COCKTAIL IN THE BACKR...
      • The Beginnings - Part 151: DANCING IN DECEMBER
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile