gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 5 December 2012

The Beginnings - Part 155: THE RIGHT STUFF

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“That’s what I like about magic.  It happens when you don’t’ expect it and when you’re not looking at it.”
-as heard in the 2006 film THE MAN OF MY LIFE

The Beginnings – Part 155:  THE RIGHT STUFF
December 5, 1983

I took a solitary walk to the Pot Belli Deli during my lunch hour.   I ate a gourmet sandwich and I decided to choose a San Miguel beer (imported from Manila) to go with it.   It was ice cold, soothing and good.   The only problem was that I wanted to take a nap about half an hour later.
Salima (such a sweetheart) gave me a break at 2:20PM.   This made the latter part of my afternoon go by quickly.  She does watch out for me (as she said).   What a beautiful lady.
I telephoned Tammy during my break and made a suggestion.
“So…how about it…want to go and see that movie called THE RIGHT STUFF tonight?”
She hesitated.
“Or Tuesday night is good.”
“Yes, could we go on Tuesday?”
“Sure.   I’m looking forward to it.”
Once I arrived home I saw two packages for me.   I was so excited.  I opened them and found the two new RUGBY shirts that I had ordered.   After opening my warm fuzzy presents to myself I decided to take a nap.   The phone rang.   It was my dad.
“Why don’t you come over for some tuna?”
“Okay.”
I figured I’d accept his offer.   I was hungry.  After the meal I headed home where I listened to tunes and tried calling the coordinator of the aerobics class on Bay Farm Island.   Every single time I try the number it is busy.   I simply exercised at home while watching an episode of THE EDGE OF NIGHT.

I read some of Leo Buscaglia’s thoughts (in his book LIVING, LOVING and LEARNING) on being open, spontaneous, fun, loving, unpredictable and careful in analyzing others.   One must be especially careful when other people use yourself as loving (as a behavior modifier).    I tried to comprehend this fully. 
We will polish the raw diamond in you.
-as heard in the 2004 film BEFORE THE FALL
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ▼  December (14)
      • The Beginnings - Part 164: EXPLORING NEW IDEAS
      • The Beginnings - Part 163: IT FELT SAFE
      • The Beginnings - Part 162: BEING PRUDISH
      • The Beginnings - Part 161: "YOU SHOULDN'T LIMIT YO...
      • The Beginnings - Part 160: AN EYE-STOPPER
      • The Beginnings - Part 159: ZONKED OUT
      • The Beginnings - Part 158: "YOU KEPT ME UP ALL NI...
      • The Beginnings - Part 157: A HERSHEY'S KISS
      • The Beginnings - Part 156: REAR WINDOW
      • The Beginnings - Part 155: THE RIGHT STUFF
      • The Beginnings - Part 154: SPONTANEITY 'IN LOVE'
      • The Beginnings - Part 153: LIVING, LOVING and LEA...
      • The Beginnings - Part 152: A COCKTAIL IN THE BACKR...
      • The Beginnings - Part 151: DANCING IN DECEMBER
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile