gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 18 October 2012

The Beginnings - Part 107: DEPARTED ON GOOD-TERMS

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“Your eyes will suffice to give tired men hope.”
-as heard while watching the
2009 film, NEW YORK, I LOVE YOU

The Beginnings – Part 107:   DEPARTED ON GOOD-TERMS

October 18, 1983

I didn’t sleep very well last night.  I was tossing and turning.  I kept thinking and analyzing my situation with George and his many friends and his lying and cancelling-out on me.   I am simply taking it all in stride.   I will not call him as much to show him that he cannot truly take me for granted all of the time.   I want him to want me (Yes, just like the song by CHEAP TRICK).   Ironically, in the long run he could be a ‘cheap trick’.   I won’t smother him in this relationship.

This afternoon I went to the FTS Flower Shop to purchase flowers for Charlene.   It’s her last day and Pacific Telephone.  

Salima and I walked to BART together after work. 
Salima announced sweetly, “You know, Michael.   I’m treating you to lunch tomorrow!”
Actually, she has the day off tomorrow but she said she’d treat me on Thursday. Ha-ha.

I telephoned Tammy Duhr during my break time today.   We made a mutual decision to go to the skating rink together tonight.
Tammy said, “I just want to see if my friend, Jeff, will show up.”
I didn’t say it aloud but I wanted to see if George would show up.

I went to MACY’s for a new pair of 501 LEVI jeans.   After that Tammy accompanied me to QUIK STOP for some grapefruit juice and vodka.   We both felt we needed a buzz before we walked into that ‘gay skating rink’.  

I was rather pissed when I walked in because I did—in fact—see George there.   I am sure he saw me.   He ignored me for a minute.   I learned (later) from his friend, Kevin, what he was doing there. 
Kevin whispered, “Michael…George isn’t out gallivanting.   He’s just out to get addresses and telephone numbers for Dan and Ken’s Halloween Party.”

George also got laid-off from his Fiberglass job.  He has plans for a job as a clerk at the Pacific Coast Stock Exchange in San Francisco.  
George said, “If that doesn’t pan out I may get something from Kevin’s friend.”
George was referring to that so-called older, rich gentleman friend that Kevin knows so well.

Before the night was over I did actually fool around with George by way of kissing and hugging outside in the parking-lot.    We looked deep into each other’s eyes.   There was something there.
George said, “I want to point out that I’m not ignoring you.”
We departed on good-terms.
“I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” George said.
I know I cannot and will not depend on that.

Nici Maurino invited me out for dinner.   It was nice to get that message on my answering machine when I arrived home.

Tammy gave me two of her photographs before I dropped her off at her house in Hayward.  I would say we also departed on good-terms.

“Fish don’t do well out of water.”
-WHITE COLLAR
Season III, Episode 15: Stealing Home


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 150: I AM NOW SUSPICIOUS
    “I’ve had dreams as well…dreams I never fully understood until this moment.    But now they make a certain kind of sense.” -Paul Russell THE...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • I Made It Through
    “You’d been living all your life with this secret side, and it never really occurred to you to share it with me.” -Olen Steinhauer THE NEAR...
  • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
    The sky was celebration blue.   Clouds floated by like spoonfuls of buttery mashed potato, and the verdant grasses below them were all spark...
  • The Beginnings - Part 97: FRIGID, GROUCHY AND UNRESPONSIVE
    Fashion Designer, Karl Lagerfeld, had his own word for his fashion method:   ‘vampirising’.    As early as 1975 he admitted, “I am a so...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ▼  October (31)
      • The Beginnings - Part 120: PALOMA, "WILL YOU CHAN...
      • The Beginnings - Part 119: THE BIG CHILL
      • The Beginnings - Part 118: A ROMAN GLADIATOR
      • The Beginnings - Part 117: IN POOR TASTE
      • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
      • The Beginnings - Part 115: YOU'RE BEING BRAVE NOW
      • The Beginnings - Part 114: A LAME EXCUSE
      • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
      • The Beginnings - Part 112: CHOOSEY GUYS
      • The Beginnings - Part 111: OF COURSE, THERE WAS N...
      • The Beginnings - Part 110: MAGNI-FEET
      • The Beginnings - Part 109: A JEALOUS LOVER
      • The Beginnings - Part 108: WAS THAT ALL A DREAM?
      • The Beginnings - Part 107: DEPARTED ON GOOD-TERMS
      • The Beginnings - Part 106: THERE'S A CATCH OR A S...
      • The Beginnings - Part 105: BLOODTHIRSTY ZOMBIES
      • The Beginnings - Part 104: A GOOD CATHOLIC SCHOOLBOY
      • The Beginnings - Part 103: PLAY IT BY EAR
      • The Beginnings - Part 102: SMOOCHIES
      • The Beginnings - Part 101: PERFECT TIMING
      • The Beginnings - Part 100: A SPLIT-SECOND
      • The Beginnings - Part 99: I ALWAYS SEE YOU
      • The Beginnings - Part 98: ON SEXUAL OVERDRIVE
      • The Beginnings - Part 97: FRIGID, GROUCHY AND UNR...
      • The Beginnings - Part 96: AN ORIGINAL IN A WORLD ...
      • The Beginnings - Part 95: MY SOLITARY TIME
      • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
      • The Beginnings - Part 93: MELLOW OUT!
      • The Beginnings - Part 92: SPOOKY
      • The Beginnings - Part 91: MRS. STUBBLEFIELD
      • The Beginnings - Part 90: FIDDLED WITH MY NIPPLE
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile