gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 20 October 2012

The Beginnings - Part 109: A JEALOUS LOVER

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown

If you’re an intelligent person and have a creative mind you always create situations to overcome.
-Michael J Armijo
Philosophical Statements

The Beginnings – Part 109:   A JEALOUS LOVER

October 20, 1983

Salima took me out to lunch to BIFF’s.   It was more like a brunch because I ordered a strawberry waffle with whipped cream.   Salima ordered French toast.   We had a nice talk about her time as a Service Representative at PAC TEL, her husband (who happens to be named Michael), her son, my Tammy, my intended job transfer requests, my ex-Computer Operator position.
I announced seriously, “Sometimes I feel like I want to go back to Computer Operations because I feel there is more opportunity there.   I may even transfer back to that position.”

I phoned George at approximately 2:10PM.  Of course there was ‘no answer’.  

I phoned mom and she received the FTS Flowers I ordered for her.  I could hear how thrilled and shocked she was to receive them.   It made my day to ‘make her day’. 
 
I received my brass peacock for my fireplace.  It looks good.

I received a sweet card from Maria de Lourdes from Tepic, Mexico.

I ate more lasagna at mom’s house and was happy to find that my brass peacock was delivered.

I spent the remainder of the evening with my latest edition of READERS DIGEST and a couple of episodes of MAMA’s FAMILY. 

I didn’t want to phone George.   I knew I would be pissed-off at him for not being here.   Who knows what he is doing?   Who knows where he may be right now?   Why doesn’t he ever initiate a surprise visit to me?  
Oh hell…I guess I’m pissed because his friend, Kevin, had blatantly made a statement to me that irked me at the gay skating rink.
Kevin had said, “You’re a jealous lover.”
And now…George is probably out somewhere getting high on marijuana.   Yeah…what a creep!   All I can say is that if he is getting high…’what a bastard’ (to use Tammy’s word).    Perhaps I am overly jealous; however, I find myself getting over it.   I haven’t called him.   That’s good.   Avoidance.

Tammy called me last night.  
She stated sexily, “I received a message that you called.”
I simply played it off…but it must have been another Michael.

Barbara Reynolds phoned tonight also.
I gave her the latest scoop by saying, “Salima may have to move back to Los Angeles because her husband may have to go there for work.”
“Are you sure?” Barbara asked.
“Yes.   It’s true.”
“Well, I called you because our supervisor, Sue Reppert, was in tears today and I thought you might know why.”
“No, I have no idea.   I’m just counting my days for November 3rd when I can transfer out of the office.”
Barbara laughed, “Where will you go?”
“I hope to get one of my four transfers accepted to Directory Advertising, Directory Sales, or Advertising Sales.  There’s also an Analyst position that sounds appealing.  I’m crossing my fingers for any one of those.”

“You have often told me that it is personalities, not principles that move the age.”
-Oscar Wilde
THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ▼  October (31)
      • The Beginnings - Part 120: PALOMA, "WILL YOU CHAN...
      • The Beginnings - Part 119: THE BIG CHILL
      • The Beginnings - Part 118: A ROMAN GLADIATOR
      • The Beginnings - Part 117: IN POOR TASTE
      • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
      • The Beginnings - Part 115: YOU'RE BEING BRAVE NOW
      • The Beginnings - Part 114: A LAME EXCUSE
      • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
      • The Beginnings - Part 112: CHOOSEY GUYS
      • The Beginnings - Part 111: OF COURSE, THERE WAS N...
      • The Beginnings - Part 110: MAGNI-FEET
      • The Beginnings - Part 109: A JEALOUS LOVER
      • The Beginnings - Part 108: WAS THAT ALL A DREAM?
      • The Beginnings - Part 107: DEPARTED ON GOOD-TERMS
      • The Beginnings - Part 106: THERE'S A CATCH OR A S...
      • The Beginnings - Part 105: BLOODTHIRSTY ZOMBIES
      • The Beginnings - Part 104: A GOOD CATHOLIC SCHOOLBOY
      • The Beginnings - Part 103: PLAY IT BY EAR
      • The Beginnings - Part 102: SMOOCHIES
      • The Beginnings - Part 101: PERFECT TIMING
      • The Beginnings - Part 100: A SPLIT-SECOND
      • The Beginnings - Part 99: I ALWAYS SEE YOU
      • The Beginnings - Part 98: ON SEXUAL OVERDRIVE
      • The Beginnings - Part 97: FRIGID, GROUCHY AND UNR...
      • The Beginnings - Part 96: AN ORIGINAL IN A WORLD ...
      • The Beginnings - Part 95: MY SOLITARY TIME
      • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
      • The Beginnings - Part 93: MELLOW OUT!
      • The Beginnings - Part 92: SPOOKY
      • The Beginnings - Part 91: MRS. STUBBLEFIELD
      • The Beginnings - Part 90: FIDDLED WITH MY NIPPLE
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile