gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 15 October 2012

The Beginnings - Part 104: A GOOD CATHOLIC SCHOOLBOY

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown

After asimple piano exercise the brain motor cortex changed as a direct result oftheir practice.
-RayKurzweil
THESINGULARITY IS NEAR

TheBeginnings – Part 104:   
A GOOD CATHOLIC SCHOOLBOY

I broughtsome cookies in the office especially for Salima today.   She was pleased.

Iaccompanied my brother, Tony, and Helen for lunch today.   We went for a walk near Lake Merritt.   The conversation was interesting.   Helen mentioned a friend (some guy) whofooled around with some gal and now the gal is pregnant.
“That’swild,” I said.
Helenadded, “And it gets more complicated because the guy isn’t sure if he’s thefather!”
I said, “I’dhate to fall into one of those predicaments.”
Tonylistened and didn’t say much.

I nappedat home after my work day until six-thirty when I received a phone call fromNici.
Sheflirted.
Ireplied, “I’m a good Catholic schoolboy.”
Shelaughed hysterically.

Doug Siucalled me while I was working out.   Wehad a short talk about ‘Critical Thinking’.  That’s the class that he is currently taking.  
I changedthe subject and asked Doug, “Did you hear about Michael Padazinski leaving thephone company to join the priesthood?”
“No, myGod…I had no idea!”
It wasfun to hear is shocking tone.   Doug knewof Michael but he didn’t know him well.  We continued gossiping about work and then I finally managed tohang-up.  

I workedout a little more with some QUAKE radio tunes while watching MAMA’S FAMILY onTV.   

While inbed I listened to some piano music.  Then I thought of Debbie Honcik and decided to give her a call.   We had a nice talk about the Park-WebsterCondominiums that are for sale, the areas of Guerneville and Grass Valley, bikeriding and hiking.   We plan to go on anice walk together very soon.

I calledHoward Edelstein.   He answered the phoneI hung-up.    His voice brought back tomany stressful memories.   Who needs it?

I calledHelen Wong and we spoke for only a few minutes.
I said, “Sweetdreams.”
She wasalready half asleep.
I triedcalled George at about 2:15PM today but there was no answer.   The last time I spoke to him was briefly onWednesday at around 2PM.   What a creep!    I know he had the day off today.   

Tomorrownight is ‘Tammy Night’.   I wonder what perfume she will be wearing.

The mostexpensive perfume in the world, and one of the enduring classics, JOY, is ablend of two floral notes:  jasmine andlots of rose.
-DianeAckerman
A NATURALHISTORY OF THE SENSES
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ▼  October (31)
      • The Beginnings - Part 120: PALOMA, "WILL YOU CHAN...
      • The Beginnings - Part 119: THE BIG CHILL
      • The Beginnings - Part 118: A ROMAN GLADIATOR
      • The Beginnings - Part 117: IN POOR TASTE
      • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
      • The Beginnings - Part 115: YOU'RE BEING BRAVE NOW
      • The Beginnings - Part 114: A LAME EXCUSE
      • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
      • The Beginnings - Part 112: CHOOSEY GUYS
      • The Beginnings - Part 111: OF COURSE, THERE WAS N...
      • The Beginnings - Part 110: MAGNI-FEET
      • The Beginnings - Part 109: A JEALOUS LOVER
      • The Beginnings - Part 108: WAS THAT ALL A DREAM?
      • The Beginnings - Part 107: DEPARTED ON GOOD-TERMS
      • The Beginnings - Part 106: THERE'S A CATCH OR A S...
      • The Beginnings - Part 105: BLOODTHIRSTY ZOMBIES
      • The Beginnings - Part 104: A GOOD CATHOLIC SCHOOLBOY
      • The Beginnings - Part 103: PLAY IT BY EAR
      • The Beginnings - Part 102: SMOOCHIES
      • The Beginnings - Part 101: PERFECT TIMING
      • The Beginnings - Part 100: A SPLIT-SECOND
      • The Beginnings - Part 99: I ALWAYS SEE YOU
      • The Beginnings - Part 98: ON SEXUAL OVERDRIVE
      • The Beginnings - Part 97: FRIGID, GROUCHY AND UNR...
      • The Beginnings - Part 96: AN ORIGINAL IN A WORLD ...
      • The Beginnings - Part 95: MY SOLITARY TIME
      • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
      • The Beginnings - Part 93: MELLOW OUT!
      • The Beginnings - Part 92: SPOOKY
      • The Beginnings - Part 91: MRS. STUBBLEFIELD
      • The Beginnings - Part 90: FIDDLED WITH MY NIPPLE
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile