gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 19 October 2012

The Beginnings - Part 108: WAS THAT ALL A DREAM?

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown

“Why is that squirrel chasing the other squirrel?”
“Because he loves her.”
“Then why is she running away?”
“Because she’s scared.”
-as heard while watching the
2009 film, NEW YORK, I LOVE YOU


The Beginnings – Part 108:   WAS THAT ALL A DREAM?

October 19, 1983

I enjoyed my lunch with Helen Wong today.   I now have a definite date set for November 10th in Danville-San Ramon at BOBBY McGEE’s for dancing with Helen and ‘six’ other gals!
Helen asked, “Would you like to come over for dinner tonight?”
“Well, my mom is making her lasagna tonight, so I’ll probably be going there.”

I did enjoy mom’s lasagna.   Once I returned home the first phone call I received was from Nici Maurino.
“Why don’t you come over here to Daly City?” Nici asked.
I wasn’t hot on driving over there but she persuaded me.   We went to some Clothing Boutique and while there I was introduced to KEZR radio.   They play some very nice, mellow tunes.   Nici didn’t buy a thing at the shop; however, we had a nice time.   The drive wasn’t so bad and our get-acquainted evening worked out splendidly.  We actually stopped at McDonald’s and then went to her pad to watch DYNASTY.  

Now I’ve returned home to Alameda and I’m getting ready for bed.   I can’t help but wonder if I should have spent the night with Nici.   She makes me reexamine myself inner feelings.  I began to get a nice, queasy feeling when she teasingly unbuttoned my new 501 LEVI jeans.   She’s on fast-forward.   She’s funny.   I only wish she was more sophisticated.   I dislike her smoking habit.  Ugh!

George telephoned me around 11:30PM.
He said, “I just got back from Los Gatos.   I really think I’m going to get that clerk job in San Francisco at the Pacific Coast Stock Exchange.”
“I hope you get it.   It sounds more prestigious than that Fiberglass place.   You deserve it!”
“Call me tomorrow during one of your breaks.”
“Okay.”
“I’m just not sure if I’ll be working or not.”
Our conversation was short.
George said, “I Love you.”
I went along with it by saying, “Me too.”
It was time to call it a night.   Or was that all a dream?

It can be so tough sometimes!   But, remember this:  It has been SO MUCH worse for others.
-Michael J Armijo
Philosophical Statements
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ▼  October (31)
      • The Beginnings - Part 120: PALOMA, "WILL YOU CHAN...
      • The Beginnings - Part 119: THE BIG CHILL
      • The Beginnings - Part 118: A ROMAN GLADIATOR
      • The Beginnings - Part 117: IN POOR TASTE
      • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
      • The Beginnings - Part 115: YOU'RE BEING BRAVE NOW
      • The Beginnings - Part 114: A LAME EXCUSE
      • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
      • The Beginnings - Part 112: CHOOSEY GUYS
      • The Beginnings - Part 111: OF COURSE, THERE WAS N...
      • The Beginnings - Part 110: MAGNI-FEET
      • The Beginnings - Part 109: A JEALOUS LOVER
      • The Beginnings - Part 108: WAS THAT ALL A DREAM?
      • The Beginnings - Part 107: DEPARTED ON GOOD-TERMS
      • The Beginnings - Part 106: THERE'S A CATCH OR A S...
      • The Beginnings - Part 105: BLOODTHIRSTY ZOMBIES
      • The Beginnings - Part 104: A GOOD CATHOLIC SCHOOLBOY
      • The Beginnings - Part 103: PLAY IT BY EAR
      • The Beginnings - Part 102: SMOOCHIES
      • The Beginnings - Part 101: PERFECT TIMING
      • The Beginnings - Part 100: A SPLIT-SECOND
      • The Beginnings - Part 99: I ALWAYS SEE YOU
      • The Beginnings - Part 98: ON SEXUAL OVERDRIVE
      • The Beginnings - Part 97: FRIGID, GROUCHY AND UNR...
      • The Beginnings - Part 96: AN ORIGINAL IN A WORLD ...
      • The Beginnings - Part 95: MY SOLITARY TIME
      • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
      • The Beginnings - Part 93: MELLOW OUT!
      • The Beginnings - Part 92: SPOOKY
      • The Beginnings - Part 91: MRS. STUBBLEFIELD
      • The Beginnings - Part 90: FIDDLED WITH MY NIPPLE
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile