gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 6 October 2012

The Beginnings - Part 95: MY SOLITARY TIME

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown

“You have to keep your wits about you.   Never let up for a second.   A machine is your servant and it is an excellent servant, but it makes an imbecile master.”
-Alice Munro:  CARRIED AWAY
OPEN SECRETS, Short Stories

Twenty-five years ago on October 6, 1987
PHOTO:  Me, at home, looking rather dumbfounded while in the kitchen

The Beginnings – Part 95:   MY SOLITARY TIME

September 27, 1983

Work was dull.   I went to CAPWELL’s on my own because Helen wanted to fidget around in the company cafeteria (as usual).   

I called George to wish him luck.   Tonight at 11PM is the start of his first graveyard shift.   

I wanted to take Salima out for lunch.   Perhaps we will do that later this week when she will be switching to the 11AM-NOON lunch period (like me).

I examined my new INTERNATIONAL MALE Catalog clothes when I arrived home.   I was very pleased with everything except for the desert boot shoes.   They’re a little too big.   That’s okay though…I’ll just add some sock for extra cushion.   I also trust that one particular pair of pants will eventually ‘feel my fit’.   

I went to see EXPOSED all by myself at the UC THEATER.   I enjoyed it immensely.   I love Nastassja Kinski’s work.   She played a Wisconsin farm girl who leaves family and an English teacher/lover and escapes to New York City.   She soon makes a career for herself as a fashion model while in New York.   She is approached by this mystery man and his motives are suspicious.   I won’t give anymore away…but I really loved the intense dramatics.   I love escaping to film, art and love.   

After the movie I browsed at the PIGGY MALONES Card shop and bought some nifty new cards.   I enjoyed my solitary time.   I feel it is so important to enjoy solitude.   These moments can be very meditational while helping to silence the mind.

Up to that time I had repeatedly been inclined to doubt the real value and importance of the game.   After all, every neatly solved problem…could provide intellectual pleasure.
-Hermann Hesse
THE GLASS BEAD GAME
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Home-Cooked Goodies
    “You can make more friends in a month by being interested in them than in ten years of trying to get them interested in you.” -Charles L All...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Beginnings - Part 150: I AM NOW SUSPICIOUS
    “I’ve had dreams as well…dreams I never fully understood until this moment.    But now they make a certain kind of sense.” -Paul Russell THE...
  • My Very Best-Friend
    “Not only our actions but also our omissions become our destiny.” -Heinrich Zimmer, THE KING AND THE CORPSE Twenty-five years ago today: Jun...
  • The Beginnings - Part 31: MAKE A CIRCUIT WITH ME
    …To be young and feel love’s keen sting. HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE Twenty-five years ago today: August 3, 1987 Monday Another w...
  • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
    The sky was celebration blue.   Clouds floated by like spoonfuls of buttery mashed potato, and the verdant grasses below them were all spark...
  • The Beginnings - Part 97: FRIGID, GROUCHY AND UNRESPONSIVE
    Fashion Designer, Karl Lagerfeld, had his own word for his fashion method:   ‘vampirising’.    As early as 1975 he admitted, “I am a so...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ▼  October (31)
      • The Beginnings - Part 120: PALOMA, "WILL YOU CHAN...
      • The Beginnings - Part 119: THE BIG CHILL
      • The Beginnings - Part 118: A ROMAN GLADIATOR
      • The Beginnings - Part 117: IN POOR TASTE
      • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
      • The Beginnings - Part 115: YOU'RE BEING BRAVE NOW
      • The Beginnings - Part 114: A LAME EXCUSE
      • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
      • The Beginnings - Part 112: CHOOSEY GUYS
      • The Beginnings - Part 111: OF COURSE, THERE WAS N...
      • The Beginnings - Part 110: MAGNI-FEET
      • The Beginnings - Part 109: A JEALOUS LOVER
      • The Beginnings - Part 108: WAS THAT ALL A DREAM?
      • The Beginnings - Part 107: DEPARTED ON GOOD-TERMS
      • The Beginnings - Part 106: THERE'S A CATCH OR A S...
      • The Beginnings - Part 105: BLOODTHIRSTY ZOMBIES
      • The Beginnings - Part 104: A GOOD CATHOLIC SCHOOLBOY
      • The Beginnings - Part 103: PLAY IT BY EAR
      • The Beginnings - Part 102: SMOOCHIES
      • The Beginnings - Part 101: PERFECT TIMING
      • The Beginnings - Part 100: A SPLIT-SECOND
      • The Beginnings - Part 99: I ALWAYS SEE YOU
      • The Beginnings - Part 98: ON SEXUAL OVERDRIVE
      • The Beginnings - Part 97: FRIGID, GROUCHY AND UNR...
      • The Beginnings - Part 96: AN ORIGINAL IN A WORLD ...
      • The Beginnings - Part 95: MY SOLITARY TIME
      • The Beginnings - Part 94: A HONEYMOON
      • The Beginnings - Part 93: MELLOW OUT!
      • The Beginnings - Part 92: SPOOKY
      • The Beginnings - Part 91: MRS. STUBBLEFIELD
      • The Beginnings - Part 90: FIDDLED WITH MY NIPPLE
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile