gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 21 November 2012

The Beginnings - Part 141: I THOUGHT YOU WERE MAD AT ME

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
One can transcend any convention if one can only think of doing so.
-as heard while watching the 2012 film
CLOUD ATLAS

Twenty-five years ago, November 21, 1987

Mom and I were leaving on a jet plane for Las Vegas, Nevada tomorrow evening.   It was going to be a getaway weekend for the two of us.   I thought it would be a good move to take mom away.   She was still mourning about Dad’s passing away in August.   I could feel the sadness in her eyes.   Our Vegas escape will be a good thing.

I spent the night at mom’s house.   During the day mom was babysitting both Ashley and Lauren.   I took a cute Polaroid of the two of them.  
My favorite shot came later that night when it was just me, mom and Lauren.   Mom put all of these bobby pins in Lauren’s hair to add some body wave to her hair.   She looked so cute, sitting there on the couch in cozy mode.   It's hard to explain but with the bobby pins in her hair she almost had a bit of a 'granny look' even though she was this cute little girl.  What a cutie-pie.

PHOTO:  Lauren Michael Armijo
The Beginnings – Part 141:   
I THOUGHT YOU WERE MAD AT ME

Sunday, November 21, 1983

Today was not one of my superior days.   I woke up sick.  I went to work anyway.  I had the sniffles all day.

I broke down and tried calling Paloma at around two o’clock in the afternoon.   I just couldn’t hold out.   The housekeeper was very snotty with me.   To top things off I received a customer complaint from another snotty bitch.   Oh what the hell…

After work I settled in to the safety net of mom and dad’s house and had dinner there.
I tried calling Paloma again.   We actually had a nice chat.
Paloma said, “I thought you were mad at me.”
I was glad she couldn’t see my snicker expression, knowing that I had actually thought she was mad at me.   We play such games. 
I said it, “Well, I thought you were mad at me.”

While I still despise her smoking habit I decided to ‘let it go’.   It will be a while until she chooses to clear up her act (or until I find another act to follow…for that matter).   I guess I simply don’t know what will happen.
I went to bed early.   I had to crash early because of my low caliber stamina.   I needed to re-energize.

“You matter rather dreadfully to me, you know.”
-Paul Russell
THE UNREAL LIFE OF SERGEY NABOKOV, a novel
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ▼  November (30)
      • The Beginnings - Part 150: I AM NOW SUSPICIOUS
      • The Beginnings - Part 149: A BIT TOO CHUMMY
      • The Beginnings - Part 148: HOPEFUL ANSWERS
      • The Beginnings - Part 147: THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE
      • The Beginnings - Part 146: A CURRENT DAY CINDERELLA
      • The Beginnings - Part 145: A BIT OF A DANCING WOR...
      • The Beginnings - Part 144: THANKSGIVING DAY 1983
      • The Beginnings - Part 143: IT'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT
      • The Beginnings - Part 142: WE BOTH NEEDED TO VENT
      • The Beginnings - Part 141: I THOUGHT YOU WERE MAD...
      • The Beginnings - Part 140: 'I RESPECT YOUR OPINION'
      • The Beginnings - Part 139: IT ACTUALLY IMPROVED W...
      • The Beginnings - Part 138: WE COULDN'T DECIDE..
      • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOIN...
      • The Beginnings - Part 136: JUST FIDGETING AROUND
      • The Beginnings - Part 135: HE WAS NOT ALONE
      • The Beginnings - Part 134: I FOUND A TREASURE
      • The Beginnings - Part 133: FOR YOUR EYES ONLY
      • The Beginnings - Part 132: IT WASN'T FAIR
      • The Beginnings - Part 131: THE MUTUAL FEEL VIBRAT...
      • The Beginnings - Part 130: HANDSY...AT THE I-BEAM
      • The Beginnings - Part 129: HARD-TO-GET
      • The Beginnings - Part 128: A REAL FRENCH KISS
      • The Beginnings - Part 127: YOU HAVE SUCH AN ORIGI...
      • The Beginnings - Part 126: I WAS MARRIED TO A WOMAN
      • The Beginnings - Part 125: GENTLE ON MY MIND
      • The Beginnings - Part 124: SO ULTRA-SWEET
      • The Beginnings - Part 123: AN ANALYST
      • The Beginnings - Part 122: I'M A SPY
      • The Beginnings - Part 121: THE CENTER OF MY THOUGHTS
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile