gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 29 November 2012

The Beginnings - Part 149: A BIT TOO CHUMMY

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown

Did you ever think the universe was against you?
-as heard while watching the 2012 film
CLOUD ATLAS

The Beginnings – Part 149:   A BIT TOO CHUMMY

November 29, 1983
Tuesday

It was a bit depressing while at work today.  My job transfer requests were returned with C-3 ratings for my Directory Sales jobs.   A C-1 rating is given only if one has actually done the job before.   A C-2 rating is given when one is highly qualified.  My C-3 is a ‘somewhat qualified’ rating.   I didn’t get a C-4, so that’s heavenly; however, anyone else that has submitted for these jobs that has a C-1 or C-2 will have priority over me.   That’s depressing.  Such is life.   Time will tell.   I will just keep my fingers crossed.
After work I drove over to mom and dad’s house and ate a good meal.   When I walked in to the Townhouse I had some solitary time for about twenty minutes.   Suddenly, John and Sherri appeared and watched the videotaped movie of BREATHLESS.    I sensed that they wanted ‘alone time’, so I left for MACY’s and the RECORD FACTORY.   I couldn’t find the SPARKS cassette at the RECORD FACTORY.   I like their song called  ANGST IN MY PANTS.

I soon arrived at the gay skating rink in San Leandro.   The first recognizable face was Ned.   I see him at the StarGaze dance club in Fremont sometimes.   Frank Vasconcellos showed up, looking as cute as ever.   Then Leah (of Danville) showed up and I felt like a snail, going back in to my shell.   She makes me feel so shy.   I finally approached her.
I asked Leah, “Hey, would you like to go out sometime?”
She didn’t exactly jump at my offer.
"Well…I’m feeling kind of depressed right now over a bad experience with this girl.”
My light-bulb went ‘ON’ and I asked myself silently, “You’re gay?”
I couldn’t say the words aloud.   By the end of the evening she did give me her telephone number though.  So…who knows where it will lead?   If she likes girls and I like boys…why can’t we like each other, too?

Some new guy named Bill Helbush kept rapping with me after each time he circled the rink.   I almost looked forward to his next rotation because he’d make a point to stop to exchange a few words with me.   He bought me a Budweiser, too.   Bill was nice.   On one rotation he slipped me a note with his name and telephone number.

I also met Alexis of San Francisco.   She was super nice as well.   I had a good time.

George Jones came by me, too.
George said, “I’m getting paid tomorrow and I will be mailing you the money.”
I guess that’s a good sign.  I know I can’t count on his word.  He’s a flake.

I couldn’t get over how sweet Alexis was to me.  
“Where are you from?” I asked.
“I’m from New York.”
“Oh wow…that’s a long way from here.”
“Yes, how old are you?”
I smiled, “Old enough to have a good time…what did you have in mind…but no…I’m twenty-four.”
She smiled back, “Wow…I thought you were younger.  I’m twenty-three.”
"And I thought you were younger.”
Alexis is a bit overweight and short but she has excellent hair, great looks and beautiful teeth.   I feel an attraction toward her.

Bill Helbush has a good physique.   He’s a bit too chummy.   He now has my telephone number (as does Alexis).   We will see who I will be going out with soon.   Will I hear from Bill?  Will I hear from Alexis?
I was a little embarrassed when I returned home.   John’s car wasn’t in the garage but his bedroom door was closed.
John shouted, “Don’t come in!”
I guess he and Sherri were engaging in some sort of sexual activity.   I could only assume that to be true.

I know my behavior is reckless, I know I still have many pages to write, but I cannot resist.
-Paul Russell
THE UNREAL LIFE OF SERGEY NABOKOV, a novel
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • I Made It Through
    “You’d been living all your life with this secret side, and it never really occurred to you to share it with me.” -Olen Steinhauer THE NEAR...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • It's No Big Deal
    "Nobody knows much about women, not even Freud, not even women themselves. But it's like electricity: you don't have to know ho...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ▼  November (30)
      • The Beginnings - Part 150: I AM NOW SUSPICIOUS
      • The Beginnings - Part 149: A BIT TOO CHUMMY
      • The Beginnings - Part 148: HOPEFUL ANSWERS
      • The Beginnings - Part 147: THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE
      • The Beginnings - Part 146: A CURRENT DAY CINDERELLA
      • The Beginnings - Part 145: A BIT OF A DANCING WOR...
      • The Beginnings - Part 144: THANKSGIVING DAY 1983
      • The Beginnings - Part 143: IT'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT
      • The Beginnings - Part 142: WE BOTH NEEDED TO VENT
      • The Beginnings - Part 141: I THOUGHT YOU WERE MAD...
      • The Beginnings - Part 140: 'I RESPECT YOUR OPINION'
      • The Beginnings - Part 139: IT ACTUALLY IMPROVED W...
      • The Beginnings - Part 138: WE COULDN'T DECIDE..
      • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOIN...
      • The Beginnings - Part 136: JUST FIDGETING AROUND
      • The Beginnings - Part 135: HE WAS NOT ALONE
      • The Beginnings - Part 134: I FOUND A TREASURE
      • The Beginnings - Part 133: FOR YOUR EYES ONLY
      • The Beginnings - Part 132: IT WASN'T FAIR
      • The Beginnings - Part 131: THE MUTUAL FEEL VIBRAT...
      • The Beginnings - Part 130: HANDSY...AT THE I-BEAM
      • The Beginnings - Part 129: HARD-TO-GET
      • The Beginnings - Part 128: A REAL FRENCH KISS
      • The Beginnings - Part 127: YOU HAVE SUCH AN ORIGI...
      • The Beginnings - Part 126: I WAS MARRIED TO A WOMAN
      • The Beginnings - Part 125: GENTLE ON MY MIND
      • The Beginnings - Part 124: SO ULTRA-SWEET
      • The Beginnings - Part 123: AN ANALYST
      • The Beginnings - Part 122: I'M A SPY
      • The Beginnings - Part 121: THE CENTER OF MY THOUGHTS
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile