gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 4 November 2012

The Beginnings - Part 124: SO ULTRA-SWEET

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown

Touch teaches us that life has depth and contour; it makes our sense of the world and ourself three-dimensional.   Without that intricate feel for life there would be no artists, whose cunning is to make sensory and emotional maps, and no surgeons, who dive through the body with their fingers.
-Diane Ackerman
A NATURAL HISTORY OF THE SENSES

The Beginnings – Part 124:  SO ULTRA-SWEET

The day sped by.   It’s too bad I work on Saturday.   It’s only from 8:30AM until 12:30PM, so that’s not so bad.  

BASS Tickets didn’t have any more tickets for the TORCH SONG TRILOGY play on Saturday night.   I tried to call the THEATER ON THE SQUARE directly.
The Theater rep said, “I’m sorry.  We’re SOLD OUT on Saturday night.”
It’s too bad.   Perhaps Jim and I can figure out something else to do.

Paloma wasn’t home this afternoon.   Was she asleep again?   

When I was home at 5:45PM I crashed on my bed.   I needed sleep.

Nici called.
“What about our hors d’oeuvres evening?”
“Oh man…I think I’m going to have to cancel out because I’m too pooped.”
She was nice enough to accept my excuse.

I telephoned Paloma again.
I was pleasantly surprised when Paloma said, “I tried calling you at seven-thirty yesterday.”
“Oh…I spent the night in Walnut Creek.”
“Well, I had to have surgery and stitches on my mouth.   Now I have a FAT cheek.”
I laughed but reassured her, “You’ll recover.   It will heal fast.”
Now we will probably go out on Monday night.   I agreed to call her on Saturday or Sunday so we could talk more.   She’s so ultra-sweet.   I was so thrilled because she called me back again.   We talked longer this time about where she lived and her friend, Monica.   Monica is the blond girl she was with on Halloween night.  Monica reminds me of that blond girl I dated in Sacramento named Michelle Von Thaden (from Loomis, CA).
Paloma said, “I just called you back to find out what you decided to do tonight.”
This line flattered me so much.   It made me realize that she was wondering what I would be doing.   I really like this one.   I slept soundly and straight through until 6:15AM.  

Her voice remains as lively, wise and encouraging as ever.   As she would say, “We had such fun!”
-Julia Child
MY LIFE IN FRANCE



Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ▼  November (30)
      • The Beginnings - Part 150: I AM NOW SUSPICIOUS
      • The Beginnings - Part 149: A BIT TOO CHUMMY
      • The Beginnings - Part 148: HOPEFUL ANSWERS
      • The Beginnings - Part 147: THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE
      • The Beginnings - Part 146: A CURRENT DAY CINDERELLA
      • The Beginnings - Part 145: A BIT OF A DANCING WOR...
      • The Beginnings - Part 144: THANKSGIVING DAY 1983
      • The Beginnings - Part 143: IT'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT
      • The Beginnings - Part 142: WE BOTH NEEDED TO VENT
      • The Beginnings - Part 141: I THOUGHT YOU WERE MAD...
      • The Beginnings - Part 140: 'I RESPECT YOUR OPINION'
      • The Beginnings - Part 139: IT ACTUALLY IMPROVED W...
      • The Beginnings - Part 138: WE COULDN'T DECIDE..
      • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOIN...
      • The Beginnings - Part 136: JUST FIDGETING AROUND
      • The Beginnings - Part 135: HE WAS NOT ALONE
      • The Beginnings - Part 134: I FOUND A TREASURE
      • The Beginnings - Part 133: FOR YOUR EYES ONLY
      • The Beginnings - Part 132: IT WASN'T FAIR
      • The Beginnings - Part 131: THE MUTUAL FEEL VIBRAT...
      • The Beginnings - Part 130: HANDSY...AT THE I-BEAM
      • The Beginnings - Part 129: HARD-TO-GET
      • The Beginnings - Part 128: A REAL FRENCH KISS
      • The Beginnings - Part 127: YOU HAVE SUCH AN ORIGI...
      • The Beginnings - Part 126: I WAS MARRIED TO A WOMAN
      • The Beginnings - Part 125: GENTLE ON MY MIND
      • The Beginnings - Part 124: SO ULTRA-SWEET
      • The Beginnings - Part 123: AN ANALYST
      • The Beginnings - Part 122: I'M A SPY
      • The Beginnings - Part 121: THE CENTER OF MY THOUGHTS
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile