gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 1 November 2012

The Beginnings - Part 121: THE CENTER OF MY THOUGHTS

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown

"Not many people are capable of forgetting their worries for the second it takes to marvel at this extravaganza.  It seems that the thing that we all seem to be least aware of is our own life."
-Marc Levy
IF ONLY IT WERE TRUE

The Beginnings – Part121:   THE CENTER OF MY THOUGHTS

November 1, 1983

I neglected to mention that the mishap at work was settled without any penalty involved.   There was just a mere documentation made of the incident, giving me the questionable ‘shadow of a doubt’ on the case.   I’m in the clear.

I left a message on Jim’s answering machine.
I asked, “When are we going to start working out at the gym?”
I haven’t received a response from him about it yet.

I have plans to send George a post card.   I feel a need to remind him of the one-hundred and fifty bucks that he owes me.   What a creep!   I hate to have to ask about shit like that.

I telephoned Paloma.   She wrote my number down.   She was asleep when I called her.   I guess she had a longer night than I did.   We didn’t talk for very long.  Maybe I’ll get lucky and she will call me back.

I feel tired tonight.   I want to rest.   These last few minutes have been pretty active.

I guess my brother, John, will be moving-in to the Townhouse today.  I noticed there is a new recliner here.  His bed and desk are here already.   It looks nice because that room looks sort of ‘lived-in’ now.

I spoke to Bunny Berney yesterday as a customer.   She is living with Elisa (her sister) now.  I graduated from Alameda High School with Elisa.   I gave Bunny my new telephone number.
I said, “Tell Elisa to call me!”
I turned in at around 8:30PM and decided to call on Paloma one more time.   She was home and we had such a nice talk.   We talked about the thirty parties Elizabeth had set-up for next Saturday night.    We were talking about that song that I love by UB-40 called RED RED WINE.   It was a funny coincidence because the song came on the radio as we were discussing it.  

“Where exactly do you live?”  I asked.
“In the Berkeley Hills,”she said with the sexy accent.
We spoke of the KABUKI CLUB in San Francisco and discussed how self-conscious she felt about her accent.   She’s still trying to learn to speak better English.   I learned of her two elder brothers.   I explained about my two brothers and I teased her about being older than I because she was born in January while I was born in May (of the same year).  
“Maybe we can go out next Saturday,” I hinted.
“Maybe,” she answered.
Was she playing hard to get?
We talked about the modeling scene and the ELITE Modeling Agency in San Francisco.   She could certainly be a model.   I liked how she went on about how she loves the little girl that she babysits in the Berkeley Hills.   She’s a sensitive, loving gal.   I really like Paloma.   She is the center of my thoughts now.

There aren't too many second chances in life!  This is gonna take everything you got!
-Sebastian Junger
THE PERFECT STORM



Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ▼  November (30)
      • The Beginnings - Part 150: I AM NOW SUSPICIOUS
      • The Beginnings - Part 149: A BIT TOO CHUMMY
      • The Beginnings - Part 148: HOPEFUL ANSWERS
      • The Beginnings - Part 147: THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE
      • The Beginnings - Part 146: A CURRENT DAY CINDERELLA
      • The Beginnings - Part 145: A BIT OF A DANCING WOR...
      • The Beginnings - Part 144: THANKSGIVING DAY 1983
      • The Beginnings - Part 143: IT'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT
      • The Beginnings - Part 142: WE BOTH NEEDED TO VENT
      • The Beginnings - Part 141: I THOUGHT YOU WERE MAD...
      • The Beginnings - Part 140: 'I RESPECT YOUR OPINION'
      • The Beginnings - Part 139: IT ACTUALLY IMPROVED W...
      • The Beginnings - Part 138: WE COULDN'T DECIDE..
      • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOIN...
      • The Beginnings - Part 136: JUST FIDGETING AROUND
      • The Beginnings - Part 135: HE WAS NOT ALONE
      • The Beginnings - Part 134: I FOUND A TREASURE
      • The Beginnings - Part 133: FOR YOUR EYES ONLY
      • The Beginnings - Part 132: IT WASN'T FAIR
      • The Beginnings - Part 131: THE MUTUAL FEEL VIBRAT...
      • The Beginnings - Part 130: HANDSY...AT THE I-BEAM
      • The Beginnings - Part 129: HARD-TO-GET
      • The Beginnings - Part 128: A REAL FRENCH KISS
      • The Beginnings - Part 127: YOU HAVE SUCH AN ORIGI...
      • The Beginnings - Part 126: I WAS MARRIED TO A WOMAN
      • The Beginnings - Part 125: GENTLE ON MY MIND
      • The Beginnings - Part 124: SO ULTRA-SWEET
      • The Beginnings - Part 123: AN ANALYST
      • The Beginnings - Part 122: I'M A SPY
      • The Beginnings - Part 121: THE CENTER OF MY THOUGHTS
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile