gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 5 May 2012

She Is Wild

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown

Where there’s a will…there’s a way.
-Michael J Armijo
PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENTS

Twenty-five years ago today:

May 5, 1987
Tuesday

It’s CINCO DE MAYO today but there was no mention of it at the office today. In fact, I saw no sign of it at all in San Francisco. I guess if I had visited a Mexican Restaurant it would have been more apparent.

I worked the 8AM to 4PM shift today. I really worked hard today. The phone rang non-stop.

At lunch I ordered from THE PIZZA BOAT ‘to-go’. I only had a half hour lunch so time was limited.
I telephoned mom and she mentioned a movie she wanted to see this Sunday night called QUEENIE. It airs on ABC this Sunday night and is about some beauty who emigrates from India to Great Britain to pursue fame and fortune at the cost of personal happiness while becoming a major Hollywood movie-star. I read that it’s based on the life of Merle Oberon (whoever that may be).

Carla seems so wild lately. I wonder if it’s all a front.  No, she IS wild.

I gave Eileen a call but there was no answer. It seems that ever since she got her own car I rarely hear from her.

I did phone Rachelle and she asked her usual question: “Could you call back in fifteen minutes?”
I didn’t bother to call back. I figured, “Hell, why should I?”

I did call Jeff Sombat in Honolulu to let him know that the 4th of the July would be the day that I return to Hawaii. I also spoke to Carla briefly. They’re both so friendly. I wonder if I should live in Hawaii.

I rode my bike and my chain derailing mechanism seems to have a slight recurring click problem. I hate that! I just went with it and continued my ride anyway. The beach was crowded. Perhaps that was the Cinco de Mayo ‘party’ indication.

I telephoned Chris Cordellos but he wasn’t at home.

I watched a sit-com or two and showered before watching MOONLIGHTING.

I went to bed, feeling fat. I know running or more visits to the gym (and more aerobics) would help but the recent heat is putting a drag on me. I must pick myself up soon.

I’ve got to call Lynne, my travel agent, about this forthcoming Hawaii trip and my idea for plans to London.

“We’re living in a world of rules, breaking us down when they all should let us be…”
-HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE song by The Bee Gees










Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ▼  May (31)
      • Now or Never
      • Picnic on LAKE CHABOT
      • A New Buddy
      • He Got My Hint
      • Lucky Charms
      • My 28th Birthday
      • Being Super Sweet
      • While in the AIR FORCE
      • These Type of Events
      • Where Are You From?
      • Big Deal...
      • I Had An Affair
      • Go Confidently
      • Improving With Age
      • The Surprise Accompaniment
      • His Own Decisions
      • Ain't That a Shame: Am I Wasting My Time?
      • What About Our French Kisses?
      • Don't Dream It's Over
      • A Bumble Bee
      • I Want To Get Serious
      • A 'Dear Jane' Letter
      • Ashley Is Three
      • Given Up
      • Help Me Rhonda
      • Craving Chocolate
      • She Is Wild
      • Extraordinarily Affectionate
      • A Victim of Circumstance
      • SPECIAL F/X
      • American Graffiti
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile