gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Ashley Is Three

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
“It’s funny about fate…You never know where you’ll end up.”
-as heard while watching the 2008 Japanese
Film “DEPARTURES”

Twenty-five years ago today:

May 9, 1987
Saturday

This morning I went for a jog to the end of the beach. Then I chose to walk back. I was feeling as though I needed to break myself in if I plan to do the BAY TO BREAKERS run next Sunday. It’s not for sure…but I may do the run.

Stewart Western called.
“I’m running tomorrow at Golden Gate Park.”
I almost felt like he was inviting me but he didn’t actually ask.
“Are you going to run the BAY TO BREAKERS?”
Stewart answered, “Oh no, I’ll be in Reno next weekend.”

I relaxed for a while and went to Ashley Marie’s Birthday party.   Ashley is three years old now (as of yesterday, the official day).

Last night I made rounds by going to MACY’s and getting mom a Mother’s Day gift of a cool umbrella and some eau de toilette de Paris perfume. Tony’s birthday is May 12th, so I bought him a belt and a lint brush (it’s what he wanted). I found Ashley a toy and an outfit.

I left Ashley’s party per my Grandma’s request to drive her home to Oakland.   Mom and Dad left early to go to mom's brothers' home in Castro Valley for his HouseWarming party.   I had mom take a picture of me, Dad and my brother, Tony.

When I returned to my house I just wanted to lounge. I rented HALF MOON STREET and THE JOURNEY OF NATTY GUNN.

Mom and Dad called me after they returned from Raymond’s (mom’s youngest brother) House Warming party. So I took the videotapes to their house and watched the movies with them.

HALF MOON STREET was another Sigourney Weaver film. She plays a doctor at some Institute in London who is frustrated by her job and begins moonlighting with an escort service to supplement her income.

THE JOURNEY OF NATTY GUNN takes place during the Depression years where a twelve year old girl is left behind in Chicago by her father to look for work in the timber industry. She runs away from her guardian in search of her father and befriends a wolf and hops a train and is presumed dead after the train crashes and her wallet is found.

January 5, 1994
In the book I am beginning it says that it is easier to remember bad things than happy ones, that happiness is the hardest thing to describe, and I believe this. When I want to think about happiness, I think about Ogunquit, Maine when I was a child, about playing in the sand in the dunes because then, at four, I was allowed to take off my bathing suit and enjoy the sun and the wind.
-May Sarton
At Eighty-Two, A Journal

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ▼  May (31)
      • Now or Never
      • Picnic on LAKE CHABOT
      • A New Buddy
      • He Got My Hint
      • Lucky Charms
      • My 28th Birthday
      • Being Super Sweet
      • While in the AIR FORCE
      • These Type of Events
      • Where Are You From?
      • Big Deal...
      • I Had An Affair
      • Go Confidently
      • Improving With Age
      • The Surprise Accompaniment
      • His Own Decisions
      • Ain't That a Shame: Am I Wasting My Time?
      • What About Our French Kisses?
      • Don't Dream It's Over
      • A Bumble Bee
      • I Want To Get Serious
      • A 'Dear Jane' Letter
      • Ashley Is Three
      • Given Up
      • Help Me Rhonda
      • Craving Chocolate
      • She Is Wild
      • Extraordinarily Affectionate
      • A Victim of Circumstance
      • SPECIAL F/X
      • American Graffiti
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile