gentle man

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 23 May 2012

These Type of Events

Posted on 04:00 by Unknown
Ever since men first lived on earth, some have had more than others. Some lend and some borrow, and so it will be for some time to come.
-Bette Bao Lord
SPRING MOON

Twenty-five years ago today:

May 23, 1987
Saturday

Cedric called me this morning.
“Hey Mike, we didn’t get to talk enough last night. Why don’t we go to Santa Cruz today?”
I surprised him with my quick answer, “Okay, let’s go.”
Then we kept talking and I said, “You know, the weather was pretty bad last Monday in Santa Cruz.”
We ended up putting off the idea of driving down there today.
Cedric added, “You know, I got a new convertible.”
Was I supposed to be impressed?   I wasn't.  I think it’s a BMW convertible. Maybe that means—when we do go to Santa Cruz—he’ll volunteer to do the driving.

I went jogging from 8:45AM until 9:45AM. It was a good run from my house to the end of the beach.

I enjoyed a good breakfast with mom and dad.
By 7PM (or thereabouts) I was meeting with Chris Cordellos. He drove from Concord to Alameda and then we went in my car to NATIONS for a bite to eat.

After the meal I drove to the Old Fillmore on Geary (in San Francisco) for a PICTURE SUMMER PARTY.  It was okay. I saw a lot of interesting hairdo types. I guess Chris is in the hairstyling business and gets invited to these type of events all the time. Chris and I bought a 4-pack of wine coolers which we drank before going in to the place.
Chris said, “It’s always better to walk in with a buzz.”
I laughed. We left at about 1:20 in the morning.

Chris ended up staying over at my house. That was okay with me. He had to leave in the morning though because he was scheduled to work at 11AM the next day. We had a fun night out. There was no leading him on.

It’s often said that writers sometimes need to go around the block a few times to get where they’re going.
-Christopher Bram
EMINENT OUTLAWS
The Gay Writers Who Changed America

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • "THAT GIRL"
    'It seemed a shame that we could be so close in our letters and never see each other alone.' A WAY OF LIFE, LIKE ANY OTHER by Darcy ...
  • The Beginnings - Part 81: FORTY WHACKS
    When people gamble, they think only of winning. They never think of losing. Remember this: Someone has to lose and it’s just as apt to be yo...
  • The Beginnings - Part 137: IS THERE ANYTHING GOING ON...
    He was an arch-rogue, far more than his own underlings realized, full of playfulness, wit, slyness, delighting in magician’s tricks, in guis...
  • A 'No Go'
    If there was a surprise in all this, it was only that he didn’t give a damn anymore. Olen Steinhauer, THE NEAREST EXIT Twenty-five years ago...
  • The Beginnings - Part 8: GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE
    To ‘learn’ something was the dream of our lives. -Janet Frame An Autobiography PHOTOS OF THE DAY: July 11, 1987, Honolulu, Hawaii Meeting Le...
  • The Untouchables
    I chose the specialty of surgery because of Matron, that steady presence during my boyhood and adolescence. “What is the hardest thing you c...
  • The Beginnings - Part 113: THE HAUNTING PASSION
    “You’re not as complicated as you think you are.” -as heard during the 2006 film THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE The Beginnings – Part 113:   THE H...
  • Itching
    I think this is why God made kids, so you can look at their mouths eating applesauce you are feeding to them and forget everybody else’s BS....
  • In The Nick of Time
    Ideas are ‘new combinations’ of old elements. -Michael J Armijo PHILOSOPHICAL STATMENTS Twenty-five years ago today: June 2, 1987 Tuesday Th...
  • The Beginnings - Part 116: I NEED SOMEONE
    “You’ve chosen a rather public place for a private meeting,” I note. “I’ve always found it best to hide in plain sight.” -Paul Russell ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (30)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2013 (3)
    • ►  December (3)
  • ▼  2012 (267)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ▼  May (31)
      • Now or Never
      • Picnic on LAKE CHABOT
      • A New Buddy
      • He Got My Hint
      • Lucky Charms
      • My 28th Birthday
      • Being Super Sweet
      • While in the AIR FORCE
      • These Type of Events
      • Where Are You From?
      • Big Deal...
      • I Had An Affair
      • Go Confidently
      • Improving With Age
      • The Surprise Accompaniment
      • His Own Decisions
      • Ain't That a Shame: Am I Wasting My Time?
      • What About Our French Kisses?
      • Don't Dream It's Over
      • A Bumble Bee
      • I Want To Get Serious
      • A 'Dear Jane' Letter
      • Ashley Is Three
      • Given Up
      • Help Me Rhonda
      • Craving Chocolate
      • She Is Wild
      • Extraordinarily Affectionate
      • A Victim of Circumstance
      • SPECIAL F/X
      • American Graffiti
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile